Complaint Review:

Route 66 Extended Warranty a BAD investment!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Fantastic Warranty Company

*Consumer Comment: Good experience

*General Comment: FAKE

*Consumer Comment: Above report is ridiculous!

Boy am I glad I found this website. I am FURIOUS that I got Route 66 Extended warranty service!!! I bought it thinking I would be ok of my car broke down some time. I knew it was good insurance when I most needed it. I own a 2006 Monte Carlo with only 50,000 miles and take EXCELLENT care of it. So last week it began to leak anti-freeze and it overheated on me twice. So I call Route 66 and speak to a claims adjuster who tells me that they will cover the leak and to take it to any shop I decide to go to. So I make the genius move of going to the Chevy dealer, since I won't be paying out of pocket. I prep my car to go, by filling the radiator with coolant and all is well. The dealer is only 6 miles away so I know I'll make it. I drive 4 miles, eyeballing the temp guage the whole way. As soon as the needle is below the red, I pull over and let the fan cool off the engine. I wait 30 minutes and start her up, no problem. The needle is below the halfway mark and I drive off. TWO BLOCKS from the dealer, the car completely shuts off. I get it towed to the dealer, they look it over and it turns out the engine gaskets blew because of the overheating. They call Route and they deny the claim because I drove negligent! They said I knew there was a chance the car would overheat and blow the engine and I drove it anyway! I am NOT a mechanic. How the hell am I supposed to know that would happen? I told the guy that I never got to the red hash mark on the guage and he says "gauges don't always work, the engine was already overheated" WHAT??? I told him I don't calibrate gauges I stopped when I knew there was a risk of overheating. He told me that the last two times the engine overheated, I knew it had that problem and I drove anyway, therefore I was negligent. I'm a grown a$$ man and I bawled my eyes out. I have no money at all and I need that car to work. So I'm in a world of hurt thanks to Route 66. With no way to get my car back and no way to get around. I'm beyond screwed and they don't care. The guy I spoke to claimed to be the manager and didn't care when I told him I was going to cancel the plan. I asked him how to go about canceling my plan and his answer was just to look on the website and figure it out. The website is so vague it does not help at all. So now what, Route 66??? Where are you when I REALLY need you???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2012 12:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/route-66-extended-warranty/internet/route-66-extended-warranty-a-bad-investment-internet-821540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Route 66 Extended Warranty

Fantastic Warranty Company

AUTHOR: Daren - (USA)

The person above compains about Route 66 warranty service, but fails to mention that it explicitly says they are not liable if you do not maintain your vehicle properly and run it without proper fluids.  In other words, if your engine ceases beacuse you ran out of oil it's not their fault, if you overheat to the point of breakdown it's not their fault.  They would have fixed a radiator problem for free (minus the cost of fluids and tax) but you allowed your engine to fail.. This would be a great deal for customers who just want a brand new engine..  Run it out of oil and get it replaced 1k miles before the warranty is up.. Talk about Piece of mind!!..

My experiences with Route 66 have been fantastic..  within 1 month of owning our Ford Excursion the turbo went out.. Replaced at the dealer - only about $250 out of my pocket..  in subsiquent months the following parts were replaced on the Diesel excursion  -
Oil Cooler
EGR pipe
ICP
Another sensor (can't remember which)
Tie Rod ends
And something else.. I can't remember what it was..

The total bills from Ford came out to about $9,000..  That's $9,000 in the first year and I paid about $550 or so out of pocket..Then, for another $50.00 I was able to transfer the warranty to the new owner when I sold it!!..

My wife's new truck (Ford Expedition) was purchased with 84,000 miles just so I can get this warranty..
In that time the following parts were replaced at a total cost of $200 out of my pocket..
New Timing chain
New A/C flapper actuator
New Wiper Transmission
New CV Axle Seals
New Brake Booster..

This warranty has saved me time and time again from costly and very time consuming repairs. I'm a DIYer but I don't have a lot of time to do this stuff.. it would sure suck to have to replace the timing chain on a 5.4L on my own while knowing it's my wife's primary car..

Don't take my word for this.. call Mike Castrucci Ford in Milford Ohio and ask the service guy, Matt, what he thinks).  The previous service rep was simply amazed at how easy the warranty was to deal with.. No pressure.. it's either covered or not covered.. they do not try to weasel out of anything that's covered..  The Easy Street is the best one, but they lowered the maximum mileage requirement to 75,000 miles.. It was originally 100,000, then 85,000, now 75,000.. This is the only way they will stay in business I'm sure..  Keep reducing the availability of the best warranty they offer.. I am considering getting another diesel truck and the Main Street will allow me to get something with up to 125,000 miles..
I highly recommend buying a Route 66 warranty if you're in the market..

Good experience

AUTHOR: Cam - (USA)

I had a good experience with the company. I bought a volvo xc90 and almost immediately had issues. Route 66 replaced the turbo pipe and motor mounts 100% no questions asked. Several years later, the transmission went out and they paid in full to have it replaced. I am a consumer and am in no way affiliated with the company in any other way. They were there for me when I needed them.

#3 General Comment

FAKE

AUTHOR: mickey - (USA)

REALLY? YOU THINK PEOPLE BELIEVE YOU?  YOUR A BIG FAKE AND WORK FOR THE COMPANY.  ALL ROUTE 66 DOES IS RIP OFF INNOCENT PEOPLE!!  EVRYONE KNOWS YOU ARE A BIG PHONY AND A REPTILE WAITING TO GET YOUR NEXT PREY.  YOU ALL ACT LIKE VERY IMMATURE IDIOTS THAT YELL AT PEOPLE IN DISTRESS OVER THEYRE CARS BEING BROKE DOWN,  SHAME ON YOU. NO ONE BELIEVES YOUR FAKE STORY.  YOUR A TROLL THAT NEEDS TO MANIPULATE AND CON PEOPLE.

Above report is ridiculous!

AUTHOR: Elias - (USA)

I’ve registered just to because I accidently bumped on this report and was laughing hard of the person who found money to pay for the extended warranty but couldn’t afford towing till the last moment! Don’t listen to this person! This warranty is the best out there! I’ve two of them for my bimmers. This warranty covered 6k in repairs. Work on lifters have been done. My engine was taken apart and many other repairs. Took hours for approval. Never denied anything! Yesterday my wife car engine started to overheat at the traffic light, she pulled over like I told her and got the car towed to the dealership that was half a mile away. That what you suppose to do when the light goes off on your dashboard. Read the cars manual. Pull over safely and do not drive! You don’t have to be a mechanic to know that. Besides you knew that it was overheating! They would cover if you got it towed. If you would broke your legs would you crawl or call an ambulance? Here you go, you know the answer.