Complaint Review: Royal Camera, Owner: Ronnie Shy

• Reported By: Atlantaa Georgia
  • Royal Camera, Owner: Ronnie Shy
    342 Kings Highway
    Brooklyn, New York

Royal Camera, Owner: Ronnie Shy Dishonest and Shady Business Practies Brooklyn New York

This company does not *lie* to me, but they did conceal relevant information about my order.

1. They charged me an additional $120 dollars for shipping. (8% of total order) This charge was not stated when I asked what the total charges to my credit card would be.

2. They did not inform me of the additional price because of the rebate. This was an additional 100 dollars to the total I was quoted that would be charged to my credit card.

3. They sent the wrong lens. I had to go through a big ordeal to return this lens.

4. They practice bad advertising. The USA models are not priced on their website - and it is VERY deceptive! You are actually getting an international model. When I told them I wanted the USA model - they did not inform me of the additional charge (in my case it was 40% more than the international model).

In the end, I was extremely overcharged for the product I received. If I would have known about their shady practices, I would have been able to save money and shop elsewhere.

Brooke
Atlantaa, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2006 10:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/royal-camera-owner-ronnie-shy/brooklyn-new-york-11223/royal-camera-owner-ronnie-shy-dishonest-and-shady-business-practies-brooklyn-new-york-174248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content