Complaint Review: RPM Outlet RPMOutlet.com

• Submitted: Fri, May 09, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012
  • Reported By: La Vergne Tennessee
  • RPM Outlet RPMOutlet.com
    11821 S.Sam Houston Pkwy. W.
    Houston, Texas

RPM Outlet RPMOutlet.com RPMOutlet ripped me off! Houston Texas

*Author of original report: Update

*UPDATE Employee: In response to the issue at hand

Amongst other things, I bought a SCT X3 with their "custom long tube header" tune for it for my GT500. The custom tune AND the standard tune threw trouble code P0605. Research showed that was a simple fix, so I asked for it to be corrected. They sent me a file that couldn't be loaded into the X3. I reported it and they sent me another tune. That file wouldn't load into the car's computer, so I reported it again. They sent me another tune which also wouldn't load into the car. I had to go to SCT's tech support, (who are supposed to only support the dealers), to have them fix the standard performance tune to prevent the code, but they were unable to fix the custom tune for which I paid extra. I explained this to RPM Outlet and was told I would be refunded the money. Over a month has gone by and no refund. They also do not answer emails requesting a status on the refund for over a month. I have since searched the web to find volumes of bad experiences with this company. One reports starting a class-action suit against them. STAY AWAY FROM RPMOUTLET!

Steve
La Vergne, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2008 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rpm-outlet-rpmoutletcom/houston-texas-77031/rpm-outlet-rpmoutletcom-rpmoutlet-ripped-me-off-houston-texas-331600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Update

AUTHOR: Swjtn - (U.S.A.)

It has been several years since I filed this report, and still no refund from RPM Outlet. In searching this site I see several complaints about the same company, and that their "rebuttal" is the same canned response. The BBB indicates that this company is out of business: however, if you try to go to RPMOutlet.com you find that a new site is under construction. My warning still holds: STAY AWAY FROM RPMOUTLET!!!

In response to the issue at hand

AUTHOR: Hollowheart - (U.S.A.)

We here at RPM Outlet work very hard to try and keep all items in stock and shipped to the customer in a timely manner. We also have a newly reconstructed customer service department ready to handle any issues that a customer may have. However, as found with all buisnesses, considering the high volume of orders coming in and going out, there is bound to be a few unsatisfied customers. We do strive for total customer satifaction, and work very hard to resolve any issues a customer may have. For every dissatisfied customer there are a thousand satisfied customers. Unfortunately, there are little or no forums or websites designed for people to post positive information. Don't take their word for it, come and find out for yourself how wonderful RPM Outlet is for your aftermarket performance car needs.