Report: #953486

Complaint Review: Rubin and Rothman

  • Submitted: Wed, October 10, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012
  • Reported By: Irma — New York U.S.A.
  • Rubin and Rothman
    1787 Veterans Highway
    Islandia, New York
    United States of America

Rubin and Rothman Ruthless collections practices Islandia, New York

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Rubin and Rothman, LLC is a law firm that focuses on collection agency work.  Many law firms that assist companies in collecting debts make money through their law firm practice AND then are linked as a collection agency.  Talk about a racket!  I'm helping my great aunt with credit card debt.  As a paralegal, I have more knowledge, but knowledge can't fight off these baracudas!!  They will file a summons through the court system, and if you don't show up, they will be granted a judgment, which means THEY WIN AND YOU LOSE AND CAN'T FIGHT IT. 

Make sure they list the actual debt or credit card account number.  My great aunt has two judgments against her, and this law firm NEVER listed the actual debt, AND THE JUDGE GRANTED IN FAVOR OF THE PLAINTIFF!  I am trying to fight it now, but once a judgment is granted, more than likely, nothing will change.  If you want to verify a law firm or lawyer, you can always check them online through the state in which they claim they are registered.  For example, Rubin and Rothman is registered in New York, so you can check them through the New York State Unified Court System, attorney directory.  

If you want to check out a corporation registered through New York State, you can check out New York State Department of State, Division of Corporations.  All you have to do is check out the corporation or the individual's name to find out if they are listed as a corporation entity.  If you are on fixed income, you can submit a letter to your creditor, which is called a CEASE AND DESIST notice.  You have to be on judgment proof income, such as Social Security Benefits, have little or no assets (i.e., a house) where a company can place a lien on your property. 

The letter has to be sent Certified, Return Receipt Requested (through the Post Office).  Once this letter is sent to your creditor, they cannot harrass you.  If they do, you can report them to the Federal Trade Commission in Washington, DC.  In addition, if it is a law firm, you can submit a complaint to the Grievance Committee, as well as notifying the Bar Association in their local community or State.  This is what I am doing now for my great aunt.  Lots of paperwork, but I am hoping this stops this baracuda of a company from placing my great aunt in an early grave!  Hope this helps!
Is this Ripoff Report About you?
Ripoff Report A business' first line of defense on the Internet.
If your business is willing to make a commitment to customer satisfaction Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation? Fix it the right way. Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight: Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2012 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
Also a victim?
Repair Your Reputation!
Ripoff Report Recommends
ZipBooks Accounting Software

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.