Complaint Review: Rushing Wind Stables

• Rushing Wind Stables
    11207 Crockett St SW
    Olympia, Washington
    USA

Rushing Wind Stables Rushing Wind Equestrian Center,Holms Farms Under Fed Horses, Manure, Flies, Dirty Water Tubs, Bad Management Olympia Washington

Obviously the Google 5 star reviews of Rushing Winds are from the manager himself and
friends of his or the owner. Anyone independent and totally objective could not honestly rate this place very high.

When I moved my horse to another facility, Jared, had taken over Rushing Wind for about a year. Things started changing, the physical facility started looking better but the daily care of the horses went down hill.

I mentioned this to Jared and his response was kind of a blank stare, then said his philosophy of equine care was backed by many experts. My personal opinion why horses don't go in every night as they did before Jared took over is, He does not have to clean stalls and thus saves money in labor costs and materials such as bedding, etc.

In the time I was there, I never once saw anyone clean the paddocks of manure. My horse was left to stand out in very cold weather and muddy wet paddocks 24 hours a day. And in summer months because of the manure the flies were horrible. Then to my dismay. The exact opposite would happen. The horses would be put in stalls and left there for days upon days without any turnout. On one occasion all the horses were left in their stalls 24 hours for 6 days in a row (go ahead and tell others that is a lie but Jared you
and I know the truth).

And by the way, my horse was also under weight like other former boarders have said when I located him elsewhere. Others have complained about water buckets in the paddocks needing cleaned, well, I too complained, was it corrected? NO! To be honest you are a good maintenance man, but you are not an experienced horseman and make really ill advised decisions and policies when it comes to proper care of horses and that is the main reason I relocated my horse.

My advise to anyone thinking of going to Rushing Wind is to carefully read all the reviews and rip off reports and consider your decision very carefully.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2013 01:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/rushing-wind-stables/olympia-washington-98512/rushing-wind-stables-rushing-wind-equestrian-centerholms-farms-under-fed-horses-manure-1107039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content