Complaint Review: Russound

• Russound
    5 Forbes Rd
    Newmarket, NH , New Hampshire
    USA

Russound www.russound.com Russound failed and continue to fail to properly install and provide a functional home theater sound system Newmarket, NH New Hampshire

Since the beginning the Russound system never functioned properly. Low voltage speaker wire was strung over high voltage creating static, speakers shutting off and not coming back on for days and amps over heating cutting in and out. After the install numerous attempts to get it working we realized that not only was the tech they referred  not doing the standard of work we paid for he damages our security system and brand new cabinets and the devices themselves were not of a caliber we were promised.

The second representative Russound referred me to never showed. I made three appointments with however he never showed up or called to explain why.

The third and most recent referral, also by Russound, took one of the CAV amps for over two months. After weeks of phone tag he told me the unit was “not repairable to a cost that would make sense” and that Russound offered me a 25% discount on a system that could be as high as $10,000. [continued below]....

..... The tech stated this  was not in keeping with the market nor quality of products or service provided. In my opinion this was extortion on a product that is so inhibitedly proprietary it becomes instantly obsolete, thus not keeping up with the market as was also stated by two of their reps that steered me to another product.

I was  advised against repairing or replacing Russound’s equipment due to our history of lack of support, inhibited proprietary design and their products’ obsolescence.

SETTLEMENT REQUEST:

Complete refund of materials, labor and damage to cabinets.$12,947.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/russound/newmarket-nh-new-hampshire-03857/russound-wwwrussoundcom-russound-failed-and-continue-to-fail-to-properly-install-and-pr-1080071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content