Complaint Review: SAFE HOME SECURITY INC

55 Sebethe Dr
    Internet
    United States of America

SAFE HOME SECURITY INC home security Internet

I foolishly signed up with Safe Home Security three years ago.  It was a 3-year contract for $42.99 a month charged to my credit card.

I lost a good-paying job, and tried to cancel, but they wanted all the money then and there to cancel.  I couldn't afford to do that, so I had to keep paying and paying until the contract ran out.

Last month I got a call from them telling me my contract was about to expire, that they were increasing the billing amount by $1 a month, and that I would receive something in the mail I'd need to sign and send back.

I never received anything in the mail, but I immediately wrote a letter of cancellation, since I still have to do that to end this miserable contract.

The first letter didn't make it because Safe Home moved their office (Stacy told me a YEAR ago) and never notified me of their new address.  So I had to send another letter of cancellation.

Stacy called me to tell me the contract automatically renewed itself, that I can't cancel, and her supervisor will tell me the same thing.

So, the contract renewed ITSELF, before it even EXPIRED!  I never had a chance to get out.

Great little scam they've got going.  What do I do now?  I can't afford this.  I'm never going to be able to get out of this - they have it set up so that you can't possibly get out of it.  They move, too, to avoid cancellation letters.

These idiots are TWICE as expensive as other companies.

DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THESE CROOKS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2010 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/safe-home-security-inc/internet/safe-home-security-inc-home-security-internet-550842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content