• Report: #551914
Complaint Review:

Safeguard America

  • Submitted: Sun, January 10, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, January 10, 2010

  • Reported By: Tony A. — Lewes Delaware United States of America
Safeguard America
1325 S.E. 47th Street Ste E Cape Coral, Florida United States of America

Safeguard America Safe Home Security Illegal debiting, Faudulant Contract, Theft, Social Security Number Issue Cape Coral , Florida *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account that someone wrongfully takes it from you!

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

 This company came and installed a security system and I filled out a contract at which time I opted to pay a monthly amount to have this security monitoring service. I gave the salesman a check for the the first month's premium. I kept all paperwork. After several months of not recieving a bill I decided to check my bank account as I noticed that there was a discrepancy in the amount that should have been in there but wasn't.

In the mean time the company finally mailed me another contract copy and it was at this time that I thought perhaps I would start recieving a bill each month. However, upon inspection of their contract which was supposed to be one of the copies of the original which I have, I noticed that that someone filled in my social security number and checking account number and routing number on theirs. The unfortunate thing for them is that I have both copies and they have filled in lots of information afterward that is not on the original which I have. They have been stealing money from my bank account every month and I didnt even notice. I went to the state police department and they told me it was a  civil matter and they would not take a report or file theft charges. Because this has been an electronic funds transfer it should be a federal theft case and fraud yet the police in Delaware only told me that they saw the clear discrepancies but that it was a civil matter not a criminal one. I still believe this is criminal theft and if I am correct the entire contract should be null and void. I dont know what to do at this point except hope that noone else has had this happen to them in my area. I hope they take me to court but it just may be that they are going to get away with stealing money. The funny thing is I actually wanted the service and was more than willing to pay for it however it seems that they are corrupt and decided rather than treat me as a customer, that they would defraud my account and it worked fora  while because I did not notice for months that this was happening.

Do not let these people provide service clearly I am still dismayed at exactly how they obtained my social security number that was written in on the copy they mailed me over top of the N/a . My copy does not indicate my social security number. Is this also identity theft? How can these people get away with this? They have been stealing money and falsely authorized an electronic transfer of funds from  my bank each month.


EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder RipoffReport.com Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Rip-off Report PO Box 310, Tempe, Arizona 85280

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2010 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/safeguard-america/cape-coral-florida-33904/safeguard-america-safe-home-security-illegal-debiting-faudulant-contract-theft-social-s-551914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Safeguard America

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?