Complaint Review: Safeguard Properties

USA

Safeguard Properties Criminal Trespassing Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: We Need a Unified Defense Team

*Consumer Comment: In the Same Boat

Safeguard Properties is a criminal organization.  I have been living as a tenant in a home in foreclosure with NATIONSTAR MORTGAGE for the past few years.  Since living there, the owner of the home has been trying to save the property but could not.  Although nearing the end of the foreclosure process, as of the writing of this complaint, the owner of my home still holds the deed to the property.

Recently, SAFEGUARD PROPERTIES was hired by Nationstar to "manage the property" (one that they do not yet own).  While at work one day, contractors for Safeguard illegally broke into the home and changed the locks on the front door in an effort to "secure" what they deemed to be an "abandoned" property.  Every window and door on the home was closed and locked sufficiently.  There was absolutely no need for them to "secure" and already secure home.

Once we gained entry to the home, we found a letter on the kitchen counter advising us to call a number.  We did so and made a formal complaint (what good is complaining to a thief about their thievery??).  A couple of days later I found that this Safeguard Properties contractor also stole an expensive watch from one of the bedrooms on the second floor of the home.  Police reports were filed for both the break-in and theft of the watch.  And we contacted our county's Sheriff's office, which oversees all foreclosures in the county.  Needless to say, the Sheriff was not at all pleased by this company's actions.

After doing EXTENSIVE research on this "company", I learned that they have been sued a ridiculous amount of times, most notably by the Illinois State Attorney General who won $1M for homeowners.  It in unconsionable to me that in America, a stranger can break into your home, change your locks, keep a set of keys to be able to enter whenever they'd like, and steal your belongings all without consequence!

I am now looking for a lawyer who will evaluate my case to determine if I have any recourse against these criminals.  If nothing else, they cannot be allowed to get away with criminal activity under the guise of being a business.  If anyone reading this knows of any attorneys who may be interested in this type of case, please contact me. I am in the state of NJ.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2015 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/safeguard-properties/nationwide/safeguard-properties-criminal-trespassing-nationwide-1240108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

We Need a Unified Defense Team

AUTHOR: Lynn - Delaware Ohio - (USA)

I am sorry to hear about your situation.  I am now in a similar situation and am also having a challenge knowing who is the best to contact regarding this.  Do you have any updated information related to your case? I would be interested in knowing what your status is and if you made any progress.  I am in Ohio.  I also ran across the story about the Illinois Attorney General's $1 Million lawsuit.

I think that if anything is going to hold Safeguard Properties accountable it needs to come from our Federal Government and addressed as a UNIFIED defence, not one case by one case.  I am new to the RipOff Report site so I am unsure if you will be able to answer this or not.  Hopefully you can.

In the Same Boat

AUTHOR: Jackson - (USA)

I have had an identical experience to yours except they break-ins and theft resulted in the prospective buyers of my property to back out of the sale.  If you find a lawyer willing to tackle this, let me know.  Add it as a post to your report.