Complaint Review: Safeguard Properties

• Reported By: Elizabeth — Hagerstown Maryland
  • Safeguard Properties

Nationwide
    USA

Safeguard Properties They break in your home, leave it unlocked, trash it. All in the guise of securing it? Nationwide

I arrived at my Maryland property today, to begin winterization and arrange for my plumbing service to meet me to initiate the furnace for the winter. The house is being prepared for renovation of a previous water leak and to prepare for sale, as my job has transferred to another state.

upon entry, the front door handle lock was broken, and the house open.   I immediately called the city police and they responded quickly.  The officers and I went through the house and the rear door handles had been removed and thrown, debris from installation of new hardware was left. The rear door was open- someone had put a lock box on it - however the door was open, so anyone could walk through it.  door hardware was thrown and strewn around the back yard, and the trash barrel thrown into the bushes. The officers and I found a sign in sheet that indicated that "Safeguard Properties, Inc. [continued below]....

..... as a request of the mortgagee are tracking all persons entering the property" Faucets and toilet were sealed off and my water shut off.  The officers attempted to contact the company at the number provided- the option to leave a message was not functioning & we were unable to leave a message.

Who are these people?! The mafia?

My mortgage is paid up to date!  there's a sticker attached to my door that indicates that Safeguard Properties declare the house as vacant.  The house is being prepared for sale, and we are at the house every weekend. There are ladders, paint and primer in the middle of the room.

A professional locksmith just replaced damaged door handles and locks. $160.00 to replace locks to secure the residence.

I will be filing a complaint against PHH mortgage, as well. this is an unexcusable mistake. During my internet search of this company, there are several media expose's of this companies break and enter tactics with damage to peoples personal property.

Elizabeth

Hagerstown, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2014 08:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/safeguard-properties/nationwide/safeguard-properties-they-break-in-your-home-leave-it-unlocked-trash-it-all-in-the-gui-1181130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content