Complaint Review: Sam Streeter, PLLC - CACV OF COLORADO, LLC

Houston, Texas
  • Phone: 866-854-2770
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Sam Streeter, PLLC - CACV OF COLORADO, LLC Sam Streeter, PLLC - CACV OF COLORADO, LLC LAWYER PURCHASED MY CREDIT CARD DEBT, NOW IT IS OVER $3,000.00, FROM Providian Houston Texas

About 2 years ago I obtained a copy of my credit report. I found a charge off for approximately $1800.00 from some company I did not recognize. I called this company and the identified themselves as the Law Office of Sam Streeter.

I told the person I did not know what the debt was or if it was even mine. I requested a copy of the debt information in writing. The person on the phone said he would fax it to me. I then advised if the debt was mine I would be more than happy to pay. In the past I was a victim of identity theft, And I just wanted to know for sure this was my debt. They requested all my contact information. Never having to deal with debt collectors, I was dumb and gave them everything.

I never recieved anything in writing informing me of the debt. Approximately 6 months later I was served papers informing me I was being sued by Sam Streeter, PLLC - CACV OF COLORADO, LLC.

Again having no knowledge of the way this thing works, I called Sam Streeter's office. I again requested confirmation that this debt was mine. I nice lady seemed to be very eager to help me. She advised they would postpone the legal proceedings until we could verify this was my debt. She told me and my wife we did not have to go to court.

Again no documentation was provided to us!!!!

Another few months past, I recieved a letter in the mail from Streeter stating the judgement was filed and I had defaulted.

So I talked to a laywer at my work and he told me just to ignore them, that they couldn't do anything to me.

Now I am trying to buy a house. I have to satify this judgement before I can do that.

So if this is my debt I am willing to pay the $1800.00. I will not pay over $3000.00 to these crooks. This debt shows up on my credit report three different times, under three different names, and for three different amounts. I need help.

There has to be something I can do. The constantly call my house, sometimes pretending to be someone else. The are rude, they lie, and they are threatening me. Telling me that I have to give them all of my bank account information, salary information, and assest information or I can go to jail.

Deleon
Florence, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2008 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sam-streeter-pllc-cacv-of-colorado-llc/houston-texas-77242/sam-streeter-pllc-cacv-of-colorado-llc-sam-streeter-pllc-cacv-of-colorado-llc-lawy-345569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content