Complaint Review: samsung

• Reported By: Not Fair — bronx New York USA
  • samsung

Internet
    USA

samsung voided warranty because of liquid damage Internet

*Consumer Comment: An Interesting Statement

I sent my phone in to samsung for repair. The power button was not turning on my phone. Prior to my phone powering down it was working just fine. The phone still charges I just cant turn it on. I read on line that this is a known problem with this phone and is repairable. I sent the phone in for repair. I got it back stating it had liquid damage and is unrepairable (BER). Complete shock. The phone has never been exposed to water to the effect as to cause liquid dammage. Let me also mention that this is the very month that I just finnished paying off this $700 phone.

I am on the phone with them as I am writing this and they are giving me the run around. I would think that a multi billion dollar company would have some empathy to its customers and offer anything instead of nothing. They did offer me a $25 gift card which I declined.

I did like samsung till now but if I do not receive some satisfaction I will never buy another samsung or related product ever. I will persuade every person I know to do the same. I will write on every social media available of this experience. I will join every class action lawsuit I possibly can. I am sure the impact however small will be more than $700.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2017 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/samsung/internet/samsung-voided-warranty-because-of-liquid-damage-internet-1402655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

An Interesting Statement

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

You made a very interesting statement.

Most people would say things like "I have never exposed my phone to water" and would be disputing that fact. You have basically admitted that you did in fact have it exposed to water but are saying that it did not cause any damage.

How do you know? Yes I am sure it "worked" after that but with all of the parts integrated with each other perhaps there was a slight failure caused by the water.

I did like samsung till now but if I do not receive some satisfaction

You are not looking for "some" satisfaction, you are looking for very specific satisfaction. As they did offer you $25 which you declined.

I will join every class action lawsuit I possibly can.
On what grounds? You admit that you exposed the phone to water, water voids the warranty.