Report: #1020162

• San Antonio Dodge Chrysler Jeep
    119010 IH-35 North, San Antonio Tx 78233
    San Antonio, Texas
    United States of America

San Antonio Dodge Chrysler Jeep Refused to honor winning prize...False advertising!!! San Antonio, Texas

San Antonio Dodge Chyrsler Jeep deliberately advertised a scratch-off promotion called "the prize is right".  If a consumer matched 3 of the same amounts, he or she would win that prize.  The promotion was scheduled to last for 6 days, ending on Monday 25 Feb at 9 PM.

I scratched off a winning set of numbers for $500.00 on Saturday, 23 Feb and went to the dealership on Monday, 25 Feb at 4:30 to claim my prize.  I was met as I entered by two gentlemen who were sitting a table near the entrance.  The younger man asked if he could help and I asked where I could go to speak to someone about the promotion.  He said he would find someone and started to lead me toward the back of the showroom.  The other gentleman then came forward and asked what I wanted.  The younger man told him and he said he could help.  The younger man then said I should speak with him because he was running the whole thing.

I was leery right away because they had been sitting together when I came in, yet the younger guy didn't seem to know who I should contact and was in fact leading me away until the other guy said something.  Now all of a sudden, he realized he had been sitting next to the leader of the promotion all along.

The gentleman said the promotion was over because they had already gotten 3 winners for the $500.00 prize.  I never mentioned which of the 3 prizes I had won or the amount, but somehow he knew I was going to claim the $500.00 prize.  I told him there was no mention of a 3 prize limit and he said "I know, but I don't write this stuff or print it, I am sorry".  I asked if he was going to honor the winning numbers on my card and he said he couldn't because they closed the promotion after getting 3 winners.  I said this was supposed to run until 9:30, he refused to acknowledge that and repeated that it was closed.

This was an obvious and blatant scam!  It is false advertising and they should not be allowed to promote a game they have no intention of honoring.  They are dishonest and taking advantage of people.  It is one thing to use marketing to get people to come into a business in the hope they might buy something, but it is illegal to get them in under false pretenses and not honor the rules of the promotion.

Although I have no way of substantiating an allegation of racism, the actions of the young man clealry indicate he was unaware the promotion had closed or that the gentleman he had been sitting with was in charge of it.  I do think I was discriminated against for some reason and I would like to sue this company for everything I can get so they stop treating people the way they do.  It is hard enough in this economy without having to deal with sleazy characters like this.  I am going to reprt them to the BBB also!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/san-antonio-dodge-chrysler-jeep/san-antonio-texas-78233/san-antonio-dodge-chrysler-jeep-refused-to-honor-winning-prizefalse-advertising-san-1020162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content