Complaint Review: Sandisk

• Sandisk
    601 McCarthy Blvd
    Miplitas, California
    United States of America

I am highly upset with Sandisk. I recently purchased a new computer ans wanted to make recovery media for it. This computer allows creation of recovery media on a USB flash drive with a  mininum 16 GB.

I bought a 16 GB USB flash drive and when I tried to use it I got the message that the drive did not have enough space. Upon checking I found that the advertised 16 GB drive I bought only has 14.9 GB of space.

So now I have to go to the next size up which is 32 GB and more expensive, plus the media creator will utilize all of the space on the flash drive. It seems that I am paying for space that I don't get with the 16 GB drive and paying for space that I can't use with the 32 GB drive. Incidentally, the 32 GB flash drive only has 29.8 GB of space so I am also paying for space that I don't get with it as well.

This is truly a false advertising ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2012 09:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sandisk/miplitas-california-95035/sandisk-false-advertising-on-disk-size-miplitas-california-941830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Read before writing

AUTHOR: NTMD8OR - (United States of America)

Ken,

The base size on the 16 GB flash drive is what I am referring to.

After I formatted the drive, it contained 14.9 GB of space, without the 50.9 MB of pre-installed housekeeping files. Not the 16 GB advertised. At best, it could only be called a 15 GB drive if you round to the nearest whole number. Yes it still has 48.0 KB used but that still falls short of the 16 GB advertised. All this is shown in the photos collage attached.

You admit that yours has the 8 GB advertised, so check your attitude at the door.

If you're upset with the flash drive headroom, you sure won't be happy to learn.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Your hard drive is also configured and doesn't have all the bytes available.

On my San Disk 8Gb USB drive, are 4 housekeeping files totalling 35.96 mb.

I don't feel I was ripped off as the base drive IS 8Gb...get over it.