Complaint Review:

Santa Barbara Tax Products group sbtpg Hijacks IRS Refund La Jolla California

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

i HAVE USED TURBO TAX FOR AT LEAST THE LAST 4 OR 5 YEARS WITH NEVER A PROBLEM UNTIL THIS YEAR. I checked my "Where's my refund" IRS refund website and it finally said "scheduled be sent to your bank March 1st.  I checked on March 2nd, and said website indicated that the funds had been direct deposited on March 1st.  I checked my bank---nada! No refund had been deposited. I called IRS and they said, Oh Turbo Tax has it.  I called Turbo Tax and they said it was with the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group  (SBTPG). WHO? "WHY?"

I called SBTPG and was told there was "suspicious  activity" on my account and they have a hold on it.  They required I send them a copy front and back of a government ID. I did that, but no hold was released. They basically told me to call in a week or so.  Mind you, just to be brief, I am not telling the telephone adventures we had with them. One told me the computers never work so call back. My wife and I had at least five calls with them today. They said "well you signed the contract"!!!

I thought the third party was Turbo Tax, given I was the first person, filing with the IRS the second person, etc. I never heard of them and their relationship to Turbo Tax.  They were always in every call arrogant and unhelpful. They act like its their money, not my money. I mean, why do they even have my money. I used get my refunds from the IRS, not some people I never heard of. I told them I would contact the US Attorney and you could hear them saying "oh now they are threatening legal action and hung up."  I am going to file a complaint in the morning, in addition to complaining to the California Attorney general as well that of my own state AG office. What these people are doing is "wire fraud." I have no idea when I'm going to see my refund, but I am positive they are going to punish me and put it in a drawer some place. Bottom line, DO NOT BUY TURBO TAX FOR 2017 IF THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2017 08:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/santa-barbara-tax-products-group/la-jolla-california/santa-barbara-tax-products-group-sbtpg-hijacks-irs-refund-la-jolla-california-1359457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santa Barbara Tax Products group