Complaint Review: Santander Consumer USA

• Submitted: Fri, September 16, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, September 19, 2011
  • Reported By: monica — albion California United States of America
  • Santander Consumer USA
    Santander Consumer USA Inc.
    Fort Worth,, Texas
    United States of America

Santander Consumer USA Harassing phone calls Fort Worth, , Texas

*Author of original report: update

*Consumer Comment: They Want THEIR Money

I turned off ACH ( Automatic payments) in August. My bank took the July payment back from Santander without my permissin. I reported it to Santander ASAP. I have received 5 to 6 phone calls per day even though I made arrangements to straigten it out two days after it happened. They ar now trying to charge me late fees as well as charge me additional fees to make a payment online or by phone.  Now it must be mailed in and it will be late so I will have to pay them late fees anyway. They suck!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2011 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/santander-consumer-usa/fort-worth-texas-76161-1245/santander-consumer-usa-harassing-phone-calls-fort-worth-texas-777735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

update

AUTHOR: monica - (United States of America)

The bank is wrote a report and all fees are being waived, my point was that Santander is/has been calling me everyday even after this was all explained to them, and the bank faxed them the report.

They Want THEIR Money

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

First, as a subprime borrower they are going to watch their accounts more closely.  According to you, the bank screwed up with the end result being Santander DID NOT receive THEIR money.  To compound matters, you stated you called them to make "arrangements".  Their point is, if the bank did make a mistake, then why don't you have the money anyway?  Since Santander deals with people who lie all the time, it is normal for them to think you are telling them a story to begin with, especially since you now need to make "arrangements".  In reality, if the bank made a mistake, they need to write a letter to Santander to admit THEY caused the problem and the bank needs to pay any fees or penalties as well.  Somehow, I don't see how a bank can "take back" an automatic payment which has already been made.

And before it is said, I don't work for Santander!