Complaint Review: SC State Credit Union

United States of America
  • Phone: (803) 343-0300
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

SC State Credit Union SCSCU Set me up for Stop Payment fees Columbia, South Carolina

I believe SCSCU finds sneaky way to charge customers fees.

The first week of April 2012 I maid checks for deposit to SCSCU in Columbia, SC. nearly two week later I asked that it be looked into because the checks were not yet deposited. They claimed they did not have them. I waited another week before asking the issuers to cancel and reissue the checks. the first week of May 2012, SCSCU deposit the checks and then hit me with their fee for trying to deosit checks that had a stop payment placed on them.

It does not take a week for mail to leave NY and arrive to a PO Box in SC.

My magnetic strip on my debit card went bad, SCSCU wants to charge me $10 to replace it?!?!?!
That should be a countess. they are doing me a favor for me to access my checking account? this bank can do  nothing for me as a customer but find new ways to fee me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2012 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sc-state-credit-union/columbia-south-carolina-29201/sc-state-credit-union-scscu-set-me-up-for-stop-payment-fees-columbia-south-carolina-882687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content