Complaint Review: Scana Energy Regulated

• Reported By: jcg — Smyrna Georgia United States of America
  • Scana Energy Regulated

Internet
    United States of America

Scana Energy Regulated Service was disconnected, after the bill was paid, the company said it would be six days before reconnection. Internet

*General Comment: JUST ENERGY

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like you've had this happen more than once....

I came home earlier today and to my surprise my gas had been disconnected.  I promptly contacted the company, and paid the bill.  They told me to contact them with the confirmation number so they could promptly restore the service.

When I called back with the confirmation number, they checked and found that the bill had been paid via credit card.  Then they told me that the earliest that they could turn the gas back on would be six days from now.  They informed me that they were very busy and couldn't do it any sooner than the six days.

I couldn't believe the response.  So, I asked them if they were aware that it was winter and that I would be sitting  in a house with the gas fully paid for and no heat?  They said sorry, but that's the best we can do, and it is on a first come first serve basis for restoration.

To add insult to injury, they sent an email reminding me my bill was now due, and to please pay right away to avoid disconnection.  I have never had utility company take more than 24 hours to restore service to a customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2012 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/scana-energy-regulated/internet/scana-energy-regulated-service-was-disconnected-after-the-bill-was-paid-the-company-sai-828069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

JUST ENERGY

AUTHOR: Curt - (United States of America)

Hey, I see you not too happy with scana energy..But I just wanted to provide you this on information on a gas company called JUST ENERGY, it is new in Georgia, but popular in other states..if you want to find out more information on this comp, go to www.justenergy.com, enter your zip code, and you will see how much you will save..then get your old gas bill, look at the "per therm" rate, and then compare it..Just energy has a fixed plan between 1 to 5 years, or a month to month payment with no contract.if you have any question or concerns, here is my contact information..404-805-6130.or email me..lilcurt_atl@yahoo.com. I am a promoter of this company, and I will be glad to assist you with any concerns you may have. Thanks!

Sounds like you've had this happen more than once....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"To add insult to injury, they sent an email reminding me my bill was now due, and to please pay right away to avoid disconnection. I have never had utility company take more than 24 hours to restore service to a customer."

I would hazard a guess that you're not the ONLY one having to have their service re-connected and they do it in the order in which the bills are paid.

Here's a suggestion to keep this from happening again with ANY of your utilities...pay your bill on time.  You're welcome.