Complaint Review: Scenic Concepts Inc

Internet
    United States of America

Scenic Concepts Inc Rip off Double Charges Not getting money back, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Refunded as Promised

On May 4, 2010 and individual approached my home with an aerial photograph for sale. As we have done alot of work to our property, I talked to the salesman and agreed to purchase it on a 90 days same as cash.

On Saturday May 15, 2010 the money was deducted from my account 2 1/2 months ahead of the agreed upon date.

Upon contacting the company, (May 17, 2010) they said they would inform the salesman (Wayne Baldridge) and have him call me. He called several times, and then came to my home. The salesman had been misinformed by the company about how to do a 90 day same as cash transaction. He processed my debit card, instead of taking a post-dated check. When he came to my home he apologized for the misunderstanding, and took a post-dated check from me, and told me that the company would then back out the credit on my card, within the next day.

On Wednesday (May 19, 2010), I called the company again, asking when my money was going to be returned. I was told the person I needed to talk  to (Donna) was on another line and would call me back(10:30 AM). I called back again at 3:15 PM, when I had not received the call.

At this time I talked to Donna (I think), and was informed that they would not back out the credit on my card until the check was received from the salesman. She was not very polite, and quite sarcastic with me. I explained to her that I was being charged  $17 per day for the overdraft they had caused. She insisted there was nothing she could do until she received the check from the salesman, whom had said he mailed it to her.

At this point I am out $51 and counting.  Plus time spent trying to track these people down. I am unemployed and every penny counts. I explained this to her, and the comment to me was "what do you want me to do? Come to your house and pack a peanut butter sandwich for your sons lunch?"

If this money is not returned by May 22, 2010 my phone will be shut off and I will have no way to contact them.

The photograph is beautiful, but I will NEVER purchase another one from this company, or recommend them to family or friends.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2010 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/scenic-concepts-inc/internet/scenic-concepts-inc-rip-off-double-charges-not-getting-money-back-internet-605034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Customer Refunded as Promised

AUTHOR: Scenic Concepts - (United States of America)

This misunderstanding was corrected immediately.  Kathy was refunded the full amount of her purchase on May 21, 2010.  She was not double charged.  She has never sent us copies of her overdraft charges so that we could reimburse her, so there is really no proof of the overdraft charges as she alleges.  Scenic Concepts has been in business for over 30 years and have a great customer service reputation.  We believe we have done all we can to resolve this situtaion in a speedy and professional manner.