Report: #203125

• Reported By: Dallas Texas
  • Sci-Stamps - Stamps.com
    12959 Coral Tree Place
    Los Angeles, California

Sci-Stamps DBA Stamps.com ripoff There are NO STATED TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON TRIAL MEMBERSHIP! Las Angeles California

OK People, it is obvious that this company thinks that their backing by the US Postal Service should hand them down some "clout" for ripping off customers.

I had the same problems with them that everyone else assessed, i.e., fraudulent credit card charges, absolutely NO stated, and I mean NONE WHAT SO EVER, TERMS AND CONDITIONS statement that a few of the rebuttals tried to pass along. (I just went again to the site and followed it through all the way to the place where they ask for your credit card and/or bank account ABA #-I even clicked on every "Learn More" and "Stamps.com Privacy Policy" and these links do not offer any terms or conditions regarding the trial) All the internet ad states is that there is a $80 BONUS OFFER, "free 4 week trial at no risk to you," "25.00 postage," "$50.00," digital scale," "$5.00 supplies.")
True, this company is beligerent and abusive to its customers as I never clicked through for the offer and found out six weeks later that they had charged my account, which I did not order through to completion on the internet.

They back themselves with the Verisign seal of approval because that is who they are using for payment services of their customers accounts.

Verisign provides these services for a fee to the company and it includes chargeback emails to the customer and all. I called them to explain and they told me they could not help. I cancelled them at the bank and reordered another bank card.

After an untimely period of being left "on hold," with the customer service department, I finally got a cancellation #. They still charged me for another month! This company has broken EVERY BUSINESS ETHICS RULE that I can think of! Unless you want to deal w/them for life....DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE! stc001@sbcglobal.net

Sharon
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2006 02:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sci-stamps-stampscom/los-angeles-california-90066/sci-stamps-dba-stampscom-ripoff-there-are-no-stated-terms-and-conditions-on-trial-members-203125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content