Complaint Review: ScoreSense

• ScoreSense

Internet
    United States of America

ScoreSense Unauthorized Charges, Internet

This company provides a "free" offer for a credit report. There was no mention of a monthly subscription on their website. I've been charged for both the month of September and the month of October in the amount of $29.95 each time. I contacted the company for a refund because I did not authorize these charges, and received an email on October 17th, that they would not refund my money because I contacted them for the refund after the billing date for each charge. Here is a copy of the exact verbiage from the email:

Dear Francis,
Thank you for contacting ScoreSense Customer Care. After careful review of your account, the following refund requests have been processed:

Transaction DateBilled AmountRefund Status
                  09/15/2012      $29.95    Not Approved
                  10/15/2012      $29.95    Not Approved

Important Refund Status Information:
Approved: The refund should post to your credit card or bank account within 3-5 business days.
Not Approved: The refund was not approved because you requested the refund after your communicated billing date.

If you have any further questions about your ScoreSense membership, please call us at 1-800-678-5464 (Monday through Friday 8 AM 8 PM CST, Saturday 8 AM 5 PM CST or Sunday 12 PM 6 PM CST).
Sincerely,
ScoreSense Customer Care

Like I said, I did not authorize these transactions. There was no clear mention of these fees contained within their website, nor did I receive an email from this company as notice of this service and the monthly fees involved.

I contacted the company for a refund and to cancel this service. They use extremely deceptive tactics to lure unsuspecting free-credit-report seekers into providing credit information so that they can create a pricey monthly membership scheme. I didn't even realize I was a member of a subscription until I received the second charge. I only used the service during my initial visit to the website, and thought I was being charged a one time fee, which I then disputed because, as they stated on their website,  the offer was for a free credit report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2012 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/scoresense/internet/scoresense-unauthorized-charges-internet-956761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content