Complaint Review: Sean Roland Real Estate Team

• Sean Roland Real Estate Team
    2911 Kennedy Road
    Toronto, Ontario
    United States of America

I had a negative experience dealing with the Sean Roland Real Estate & Mortgage TEam...

I was looking at a real estate magazine one day and saw pictures for a house at a very very low price (I was looking for my first house and did not have any experience in real estate). I decided to call the number in the magazine to ask a couple of questions about the house (i.e. location, number of rooms, etc.). The number was for the Sean Roland TEAM.

A lady told me that she would have someone call me back. When I got a call back, the man did not answer any of my questions and just said that I should come down to his office. I asked again about the house in the magazine, and he said that he will show me it.

When I went into his office, I found out that he was the mortgage agent and the real estate agent was some other guy (who was also at the office). He once again avoided answering any questions about the house in the magazine (I BEGAN TO SUSPECT THAT THE HOUSE IN THE MAGAZINE IS A FALSE AD TO LURE PEOPLE IN).

I was in a small office with these 2 guys (the mortgage agent and the real estate agent). To make a long story short, they took advantage of my inexperience in this area and pressure me to sign a "Buyer Representative Agreement".

At one point the mortgage agent gave me the papers and when I tryed to read it he said "oh, you do not want to sign it??".  They real estate agent then went on to explain this 6 month agreement while leaving out the most important part.... I CANNOT BUY REAL ESTATE WITHOUT THEM ACTING AS MY AGENTS, FOR IF I DO.... I MUST PAY THEM 3% OF ANY PROPERTY I BUY... EVEN IF THEY DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP ME.

CONCLUSION: They falsely promote houses on their website and in magazines to lure people in. They put houses on their that they have no intention of showing you, simply so you think that if you sign with them ... you will have access to these properties. They pressure you to sign without reading the agreement ... they read you the agreement while leaving out important details.

NOW: Now, I cannot buy a property while under this agreement. ITs locked me in with them.... but I do not want to buy with them since they are liars and did not show me any homes that I was interested in.

MORAL: DO NOT SIGN ANY AGREEMENTS WITH THESE SCAMMERS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2013 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sean-roland-real-estate-team/toronto-ontario-/sean-roland-real-estate-team-sean-roland-real-estate-mortgage-team-real-estate-scammers-1042317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Looking to make contact with Kristine T ,Canada

AUTHOR: Patriot Love 2017 - (United States)

11/28/2017

Hello,

I am trying to make contact with the author of this post.

I just recently found a link to this page with the report in regards to Sean Roland.

I have information I would like to share or exchange with the author

and anyone else who reported here in regards to Sean Roland Of Century 21 real estate Toronto.

I dont know how to directly contact the author so I'm responding to the report.

If someone from the website could make contact with the author and pass on my email

or contact me in regards to this post, I would appreciate it.

Please contact asap

Thanks

Patriot Love 2017

#2 General Comment

Real estate

AUTHOR: Gemini - (Canada)

Ive always found that properties in magazines are never still for sale. I asked my friend who is a real estate agent why? He said when they first choose the house for sale and by the time the magazine is in the consumers hand.. Its sold!! But they can find other similar homes so meetings are set up. Hope this helps

#3 General Comment

ATTENTION ANY ONE WITH COMPLAINTS REGARDING SEAN ROLAND

AUTHOR: Kristine T - (Canada)

Would like to hear from other individuals who have had negative experiences with Sean Roland.

Please contact (((REDACTED)))

Would like to ensure others do not have similar experiences and get justice for myself and my family.

#4 General Comment

Similar bad experience with Sean Roland

AUTHOR: Kristine T - (Canada)

I would also advise consumers to not deal with Sean Roland.

Myself and two other individuals also had similar experiences and deeply regret ever meeting him.

I am very interested in talking with Mike Brown about his experiences. Our matter will be dealt with in  small claims court.