Complaint Review: Sears Auto

Green Bay Plaza
    green bay, Wisconsin
    USA

Sears Auto Oil change scam green bay Wisconsin

On Monday 10/25 I went to the Green Bay store for an oil change. The person who wrote the order said I had to use synthetic oil in my 2010 Toyota corolla. I asked him if this was the case, why did my last 2 times use conventional oil?  He insisted and would not write me up for conventional oil. I asked how much and he said 38 dollars(I had a 17.99 coupon).

I said, "NO WAY" and went to leave then asked where the manager's office was. He said he would get her, then he hot footed into her office ahead of me. She said "Oh, you can have the Maxlife for the regular price, since you didn't know the requirement." before I could even open my mouth.

When I got home I looked in the owners manual, no synthetic required.

I also did a lot of research with Valvoline and the ILSAC requirement in the Toyota manual. Valvoline premium conventional oil is definitely ok for my car.

This attempted upcharge is a scam and I would like to see the service writer fired since Sears will have a massive black eye on all the web forums I visit and within my family and circle of friends. The manager should be disciplined for her going along with the scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 10:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sears-auto/green-bay-wisconsin/sears-auto-oil-change-scam-green-bay-wisconsin-1102769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content