Complaint Review: Sears Automotive

• Sears Automotive
    98-180 Kamehameha Hwy, Aiea
    Aiea, Hawaii
    United States of America

Sears Automotive Sears Auto Center overcharge labor costs lie take advantage Aiea, Hawaii

I went to Sears Auto Center to have a headlight that had burnt-out replaced. I drive a 2002 Nissan Xterra; the kind with a large metal rail guard in the front.

When it came time to check-out the mechanic said labor charges were $110.00 to replace the headlight. This is about 5 times the cost for labor I was expecting to pay.

The mechanic said that they had "to remove the rail guard to replace my light bulbs, and that my car wasn't like a Honda Civic where you can just pop the light bulb in and out."

Needless to say, I was really frustrated as I have replaced the light bulbs in my car myself, and they are the kind that just pop in and out. No hardware has to be removed from the vehicle to replace a light bulb. Not even the battery.

I would never recommend going to a Sears for anything automotive related, as they have no morals. They will charge you whatever they think they can get away with, and once they have your keys you are forced to pay the amount they say.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2010 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sears-automotive/aiea-hawaii-96701/sears-automotive-sears-auto-center-overcharge-labor-costs-lie-take-advantage-aiea-hawaii-590726. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content