Complaint Review: Sears Card, Citibank, Resurgence Capital, Allied Interstate

• Sears Card, Citibank, Resurgence Capital, Allied Interstate
    searscard.com
    Internet
    United States of America

Sears Card, Citibank, Resurgence Capital, Allied Interstate Uncaring, greedy Dover, Pennsylvania

I have been a Sears Card holder since 1995.  I have perfect credit with Sears, and paid off my balance in 2007.

Last night I went to Sears and attempted to use my card, the sale person told me that my card has been closed. I had no notice, letter, or email sent to me telling me that after 14 years they were closing my account.

I am furious that Sears couldn't be considerate enough to send me notice that if I didn't use my card that they would close it.  It was closed in May 2009. Do they not care about 14 loyal years, and all the $$ they made off me with their high interest rates?

Sears has decided to close my account, which in turn ruins my credit score.  We didn't use the card for 2 years since we were buying a house.  Now that we bought one in May, and decided to remodel our kitchen, I went to Sear to purchase a new stove, and couldn't charge it to my card.

I should have been given the choice to keep my account active.  That's 14 YEARS of perfect credit history GONE without notice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2009 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sears-card-citibank-resurgence-capital-allied-interstate/internet/sears-card-citibank-resurgence-capital-allied-interstate-uncaring-greedy-dover-penns-487421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content