Complaint Review: Sears Duct Cleaning

5965 White Wing Cove
    Olive Branch, Mississippi
    USA

Sears Duct Cleaning Did not clean, had to clean myself Olive Branch Mississippi

I called upon Sears Duct Cleaning of Memphis to come clean out our clogged dryer vent in November of 2016.

They came out while my wife was home, and could not locate the vent exit on the exterior of our house (it is on the roof).

So, they stuck a vacuum into the wall at the dryer end of the vent, fiddled around for a few minutes, and called it a day.

Lo and behold, my dryer is still overheating, and still has the "Vent Sensor" warning flashing.

Frustrated, I had a friend come over with a ladder and we checked the roof end of the vent. It was packed completely full of dust and lint still. It had not been cleaned AT ALL.

I inquired about a refund, waited weeks for a response, only to discover that Sears Services "guarantee" is null and void if any subsequent cleaning has been performed. They honestly expected us to not dry any clothes for weeks while we waited for them to get around to returning our call.

I am out $150. Consumer beware of these lazy con artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2016 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sears-duct-cleaning/olive-branch-mississippi/sears-duct-cleaning-did-not-clean-had-to-clean-myself-olive-branch-mississippi-1340448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content