Complaint Review: Sears

• Sears

Internet
    USA

Sears mattress, return, refund; BBB Internet

I placed an order for a mattress to a full size bed on sears.com on 11/01/2016. It took me two weeks to receive the mattress. By the time that I had received the mattress, I realized that it was not the correct mattress for my type of bed. When I called Sears about this problem, they told me that I can either get my full refund amount back of $262 or exchange my mattress for something else. They told me that I would have to try out the mattress for 30 days before I could exchange it for something else. I told them that I wanted to exchange it for either a computer table or a computer desk. They reassured me that I would have to wait 30 days from the day that I received the item to exchange it. I was told this information by several Sears' employees who works in customer service.

I faithfully waited 30 days to pass. I had called them back and had told a customer service representative that I wanted to exchange my mattress for either a computer table or a computer desk. They told me that I could only exchange it for another mattress & not a computer table or a computer desk. No one never told me this information a month ago, although I called many times about it. Then, I had asked this customer service representative could I get my full refund back (the full amount that I paid for the mattress, which is $262). She said that I could it once they come to pick up my mattress. She said that I should hear back from someone within 72 hours. 72 hours had passed, and I still did not hear back from anyone. I had called Sears back about this issue and a guy in customer service had tried to bribe me by asking to give me $50 for my mattress instead. I told no. I wanted them to come get their mattress and give me back my full refund amount. He told me that that would be no problem. He said that he scheduled for my merchandise to be picked up on 12/19/2016. Two guys from Sears did indeed come pick up my mattress on 12/19/2016 without a problem. As they seen, the mattress was as brand new. I never slept on it. It was in my 2nd room. I called Sears back asking when should I get my refund amount back. A customer service representative told me that I should have it within 7-10 business days. I asked her many times how much will I get back. She told that she seen that I paid $262 for the mattress, so I should fully get back $262.

I got an email from Sears today on 12/21/2016 stating that I have an amount refund of $154.08 has been initiated. Please allow up to 5-7 business days for the refund to be credited to your original form of payment. That is not my full amount. I called Sears complaining about the matter. I was given a number to call because I supposedly had reached the wrong department. I called that department, and they told me that I reached the wrong department again. I told the lady in customer service that someone had just given me this # to call. She asked what # was that. I told her the # was 1800-349-4358. She told me that that was the correct #, but I had reached the wrong department. Then, she had transferred me to the correct department. I explained to another lady in customer service what had happened. She told me that she will have someone to investigate what is going on and will email me back within 3 business days. I told her may I speak to a supervisor. She wanted to know why did I want to speak to a supervisor. I told her because I need the rest of my money of $107.92 credited back to my account along with the $154.08 that they already initiated back to me because I seriously need to do things with my money. She told that she understood and transferred my call to a supervisor. The supervisor was trying to transfer my call to someone else once again. I told her that I have already been transferred three times today, and since she is the supervisor, I need to speak directly with her. I told her my troubles and how I was misled by people for over a month and never given correct and up front information about what I could exchange my mattress for. I told her how I faithfully done everything that I was told. I need the rest of my money of $107.92. She told me that it was in their policies; etc. of the shipping fees; etc. I told her since I was misled by many people on their ends including someone in customer service who had tried to bribe me. I had been misled for a month. She should do the correct thing and also give me back $107.92 into my account today so that my refund would equal $262 like I was assured by many customer service representatives including one on 12/19/2016 after they had came and got my mattress.
I had filed a complaint with the BBB about this. This was Sears's response to the message: Dear Ms. Virghes:

We have completed the investigation of Ms. complaint regarding her dissatisfaction with refund amount for the return of mattress she ordered online.

Upon receipt of Ms. complaint we reviewed the delivery and online notes related to her mattress order and return. According to our records, Ms. paid $144.00 for the mattress, $101.00 for delivery, and $17.15 in taxes for a total of $262.15. On December 19, 2016 the mattress was returned and on December 21, 2016 we issued a full refund on the mattress; $144.00 + $10.08 tax for a total of credit of $154.08. The delivery fee of $101.00 + $7.07 tax is non-refundable. We would like to note that a link to view the return policy online is listed below the description of the items we sell. With that being said, the return policy states, “For items delivered to your home
- Delivery, labor &/or installation fees cannot be refunded”. Furthermore, it states, “A 15% processing/restocking fee is charged for mattresses, foundations, assembled/upholstered indoor furniture, water heaters & built-in home appliances.” For customer satisfaction, we did not charge Ms. a restocking fee on the mattress purchase.

We apologize if there was any miscommunication regarding her request to exchange for a non-mattress item since that is not an option with online purchases. Regardless if  was exchanging for another mattress or returning the item, the delivery fee is non-refundable. Since we have addressed the issue brought forth in Ms. complaint, we have closed our file.

We apologize to  and appreciate the opportunity to address this matter. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Matilda Seelig
Regulatory Complaint Specialist
Sears Holdings Corporation
512-248-7954 direct
Matilda.Seelig@searshc.com

After this, the BBB asked me do I accept or deny this message. I told them that I deny it. I stated this: I am rejecting this response because: Every time I call the Better Business Bureau they keep transferring my calls to different departments & gives me contradicting information. It is obviously a game that they are playing with their customers. One time I had even spoken to a supervisior and she tried to re-direct my call to a different person. When I realized that their mattress was not the correct type of mattress for my bed, I keep calling the Better Business Bureau stating that I wanted to exchange it for a computer table or a computer desk. No one ever told that I could not exchange it for that. They only told me that I would have to wait 30 days to try out the mattress before I could exchange it. This was assured to me by several customer service representatives in 11/2016. I patiently waited the 30 days like they asked & wanted. Then, I had customer service representatives give me different information. They keep giving #s to call varioius departments in Sears and/or transferring my calls. The last customer service representative that I had talked to assured me thoroughly that I will get the full amount that I paid of $262 back without a problem. Since it was problems on their end, they should give me back the rest of my money of $109 or $108.

Sincerely,
The BBB responded and stated this information:

This message is regarding Complaint ID # 11889308- Sears Holdings Corporation

Thank you for following up with BBB regarding your position in the above-mentioned dispute.

We understand you are NOT satisfied with the business’s response, and have noted your dissatisfaction in our files.  While we regret we were unable to reach your desired resolution, the business has provided BBB with its position.  This matter is now closed in BBB files, and will appear in the company’s BBB Business Review as: “Answered - the business addressed the issues within the complaint, but the consumer remains dissatisfied.”

Please note, the text of your response may be publicly posted on BBB’s website.  BBB reserves the right to not post in accordance with BBB policy, and we may edit your response to protect privacy rights and to remove inappropriate language.

We appreciate the opportunity to be of service, and sincerely hope you will contact us for pre-purchase information.

Your BBB Customer Relations Advocate
BBB Serving Chicago and Northern Illinois
P: 312-245-2510
E: customer.relations@chicago.bbb.org

Warning: The BBB is a scam and obviously works for these companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2017 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sears/internet/sears-mattress-return-refund-bbb-internet-1352588. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content