Complaint Review: Sears

• Submitted: Thu, March 14, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 14, 2013
  • Reported By: MadAsHellInPorterville — Springville California United States of America
  • Sears

Nationwide
    United States of America

Sears False pricing, huge sales pitches, bad products Internet, Nationwide

*UPDATE Employee: searscares

First off, the Craftsman LT2000 lawn tractor I got at the local store didn't work and when I checked the blade belt I saw it was totally frayed. The store had sold me a defective used riding mower that I had to return for a replacement. The Sears complaint department admitted no foul but did say they would send me a $50 gift certificate -- that was over a year ago and no gift card ever arrived.

This year the replacement unit is 1-year old but little used. It broke the belt that turns the blades so I went to the store. The store doesn't stock the belt so I called SearsPartsDirect.com They can sell me a belt for $39. The lady tried to sell me six other items as the ordering process proceeded. She was cordial but the repeated sales pitches were tedious. She said the belt would get to me in a week. She read a standard speech about the sale being final but never told me that the charge to my credit card would be $57.

I guess it costs $18 to ship a drive belt that they should stock in the store. The whole thing sickens me. A drive belt is a common replacement part. I spent over $1000 on the LT2000 and expected that at least the store selling it would have belts and blades. In the future it will be TroyBuilt or John Deere, never another Craftsman piece of unsupported junk. I will never buy anything from Sears again. They used to be a respectable company but now it is unbelivevable how bad this company has become at customer service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 12:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sears/nationwide/sears-false-pricing-huge-sales-pitches-bad-products-internet-nationwide-1028470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

searscares

AUTHOR: Searscares - (USA)

Dear MadAsHellInPorterville,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. I apologize for the problems with your tractor and not being contacted in reference to the gift card. Given the opportunity, wed like to talk to you in reference to this experience. Please send us an email containing your preferred contact information contact #, screen name (MadAsHellInPorterville), phone # used at time of purchase to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. We look forward hearing from you soon.

Edwin C.