Complaint Review: Second_To_None

• Reported By: Arlington Texas
  • Second_To_None
    1453 W. Fairmont St.
    Longview, Texas

Second_ To_ None FRAUD ALERT- 54 Complaints to BBB- NO Refund & NO Magazines Longview Texas

On 10-10-07 my husband purchased magazines from 2 young men at our front door for $110.00 They claimed the company helps kids go to college.

My kids came home from school that day with a fundraiser that included magazines. I decided to suport our own kids and their school so I tried to cancel from Second To None.

The cancellation notice stated we could cancel by mailing a form postmarked w/i 3 bus days and a full refund would be mailed w/i 30 days. We sent the form and called and spoke to a female that told me that was all I needed to do.

I started calling when we didn't see a refund; 5 times I left messages, many more times the mailbox was full and finally the # would not accept my calls. I sent the owner, Maurice Gary, a letter requesting my refund and I have written the Attorney General's office and the BBB (already had 54 negative complaints for the company). I am very close to proceeding to small claims court just to make this right since I have documentation of every transaction.

Word needs to get out to the public to keep this company off the streets and taking advantage of innocent people. I should have asked to see a copy of their selling permit.

Smajefski
Arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2008 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/secondtonone/longview-texas-75604-4408/second-to-none-fraud-alert-54-complaints-to-bbb-no-refund-no-magazines-longview-texa-326794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content