Complaint Review: Secret Shopper

• Reported By: kritchie — Roanoke Virginia
  • Secret Shopper

Internet
    United States of America

Secret Shopper Charles Murray, Dr. Charles Murray, CharlesMurray504@yahoo.com Scam to steal your money! Fraud USPS money order that looks real but is conterfiet and you lose your money. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Scam that has made the news for years

I am unemployed and searching for any opportunities to make some money to pay my bills.  I was on a coupon site and saw an ad for "Secret Shopper".  It had a glitzy write up about being paid in advance with funds to shop at local stores and get paid a small fee for reporting back on the service of the stores.  I signed up.
I started getting emails from "Dr Charles Murray" about accepting assignments for Walmart and Wester Union and said okay.

Well I received a USPS Overnight envelope with a USPS money order from an individual in Illinois for $965.00 and I was to deposit or cash this and keep $200.00, shop with $50.00 at Walmart and then wire the remaining $675.00 to a woman in the Philippines using Money Gram in Walmart.

Needless to say next day my bank called and my account was frozen because the USPS money order was a fraud and there were no funds paid for it.  I am now out the entire $965.00 and my account with it's poor $55.00 in it is frozen until I deposit or pay for the fraudlent deposit.  I reported to local police and they told me to report to Postmaster General because this was an enormous scam going on all over America and people were getting ripped-off for hundreds to thousands of their own money. I was dumb and desperate since I have been unemployed for over a year and even with all my degrees I can't get a job at McDonald's these days.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2013 09:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/secret-shopper/internet/secret-shopper-charles-murray-dr-charles-murray-charlesmurray504yahoocom-scam-to-stea-1043853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Scam that has made the news for years

AUTHOR: Marie - ()

Haven't you watched the news over the past few years. Anytime anyone tells you they are sending you a check but want you to cash it and send them a certain amount of money back it is a scam. This scam has been on the news for several years.