Complaint Review: Secured Getaway, Inc

1401 S. Dixie Highway E, 2E
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    USA

Secured Getaway, Inc Vacation insurance scam Pompano Beach Florida

I received a call from Michael Sherman at Secured Getaway telling me that they are taking the third party sellers of timeshare tours out of the equation. He told me that instead of putting deposits down with these other companies and in the end having the promised vacations  expire, they will sell me travel insurance that will protect me. In exchange I will be gifted 3 - 5 day 4 night vacations a 5 star resorts, and a 5 day 4 night cruise on several of the major cruise lines.

When I asked for documentation they sent me a sloppily typed list of cities with several typos. Along with that they sent me a poor copy of a sheet with a couple dozen hotel logos with another company's name at the top.  Becasue I was a homeown, a former AA member and a couple of other qualifiers, they were able to reduce my fee for all of this to $347.99

Evrytime that they called me, it appeared to be a local number, but was actually a spoof number. I even recognized one of the numbers as being a local high profile attorney, so it was obvious what they were doing.

Their website looks like it was developed in about an hour - with no real content. When I looked at their address on Google Maps, there was no Secured Getaway at that location, only a karate Gym, and a Vehicle repair shop along with a supposed internet marketing campainy, which I suspect may be them.

My advice is if you see a local number pop up on your phone, but then learn the company is in another city - HANG UP!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2017 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/secured-getaway-inc/pompano-beach-florida-33060/secured-getaway-inc-vacation-insurance-scam-pompano-beach-florida-1396954. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content