Complaint Review:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I pay for the platinum service warranty I purchased March of 2016. . I called in on 1/6/17 at 3:00pm central time. I talked to Samantha and advised my furnace stopped working and am I able to send a contractor local to diagnose due to the frigid temperature and elderly couple in the home . She advised yes and she spoke with my contractor who gave the diagnosis and his advise of replacing the unit.

She said due to circumstance of weather she would expedite and I would receive a call back. I did not get a call but email asking for pictures of my unit and maintenance records. . I then compiled and sent in. I have used the same contractor for years as a HVAC tech. He sent me invoices and never had a issue but a cleaning yearly. I still did not get a call, I called Saturday and spoke with a gentleman who advised due to the nature of weather and elderly use my contractor and submit the invoice for reimbursement. The replacement was $2000.  Now Select is refusing to pay claim stating false documents.

I advised this is what I received and never a issue with my unit. If I had any major issues this would not have been the original unit with house built in 2002.  This is the second time they did not want to pay for a claim. All they will offer is $100.  I am paying for a service which does not want to hold too their contract. When you sign up they acknowledge no matter the issue or age Select covers, Well I am finding out until its time to claim they do not want to pay.

I have done everything asked by this company. My unit has been maintained as it has lasted 12 years. Their contract all units are covered in good working condition, which is proven my unit is as I still have it. 10.1 of their contract states repair/replacement increases to $2000 after first three months of coverage. Again if this unit was not maintained it would not have been in service this long. My pictures can prove the cleanliness of this unit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2017 06:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/select-home-warranty/nationwide/select-home-warranty-fraud-romeoville-il-1349082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Select Home Warranty