Complaint Review: Self-Publishing School

• Reported By: Jay — Santa Fe New Mexico USA
  • Self-Publishing School

Internet
    USA

Self-Publishing School SPS Chandler Bolt SPS broke there word and cheated me out $250 San Diego, CA Internet

Buyer Beware - Self Publish School Cheated Me and They May Cheat You.

I signed up with Self-Publishing School on March 22nd, 2017.  After one week I realized this was not for me.  Several reasons: 1) It is all online 2) I knew most of their writing tips 3) There are extra charges I didn't know about and 5) I got a chance to start a kids school where I live.... which is very time-consuming.

I asked for my money back per their 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.  They made plenty of excuses and delays.  Finally, I told them I would file a dispute with Visa and then they gave me back my money. It took 18 days for this to happen.

The reason I am filing this report, though, is because they broke their word on paying me a referral fee. I signed up a friend of mine in their referral program which pays $250.  She is staying in the school  When I was asking for my money back, I was told that if I canceled out I would not be paid the $250.  I pointed out that on their website, under the outline for how the referral program worked there was no mention that I had to be enrolled in the Self-Publishing School to be paid.  I  told them this and they said, Chandler Bolt, the owner had.

I  told them this and they said, Chandler Bolt, the owner had decided that was their policy.  This policy was created after the fact of me of me getting my money back.  When I signed up for their referral program, in the beginning, there was NO such policy.... in short they made it up.  I have written them several times since then and I have bene ignored.  I told them I would file a Ripoff Report and Pissed Consumer Report and still  I have been ignored.

If you wish to write a book I suggest you find another way. SPS signs you up for around $997 and they tell you to buy all these other programs.  I counted the other programs and it is 14.  So, when they sale pitch says you can be selling your book on Amazon... it is going to cost you a lot more than the beginning enrollment cost.     I would suggest you google "Writer's Coach" and find someone that will work one on one with you.  The book you write will

I would suggest you google "Writer's Coach" and find someone that will work one on one with you.  The book you write will probably be produced for less cost, less hassle and one on one attention.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2017 04:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/self-publishing-school/internet/self-publishing-school-sps-chandler-bolt-sps-broke-there-word-and-cheated-me-out-250-san-1370124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content