Complaint Review: Sentinel

• Sentinel

, Arizona
    USA

Sentinel Bait and switch Phoenix Arizona

I was referred to Sentinel for an ankle monitoring system due to a DUI charge. The office is a joke. Clearly they are understaffed and do not care about any sort of customer service. After asking how long my visit would take (after waiting almost an hour) I was told 3 hours. I think would have been nice if the person setting the appointment had told me this. When I met with the office manager, she acted frazzled and said she hadn't had a "private party" case like mine in a while and spent several minutes huffing and puffing and making notes on her computer while working with a hand held calculator. I was told over the phone my deposit would be $275 and the monitoring cost would be around $10/day. This was along the lines of my internet research. Imagine my surprise when I was told I needed a $965 deposit and my monitoring would be $65/day! I threw a fit and the office manager just looked at me and said that's what I had to pay. [continued below]....

..... I was under court order to get the bracelet so I paid and left. I called my lawyer and they said to file an amended financial statement. I sent over a very detailed statement clearly showing I did not have $910 every 2 weeks to pay for this monitoring system. I filed a complaint with the supervisor Alan in CA at 661-942-8193 and still have not heard back. The office manager in Phoenix (who is clearly a financial genius) told me they use a sliding scale based on income and do not factor in expenses. So - I'm paying more than my mortgage for a beat up cardboard box with antiquated equipment. Please avoid this place at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2016 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sentinel/arizona/sentinel-bait-and-switch-phoenix-arizona-1337817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content