Complaint Review: Sentry Marketing

Frisco, Texas
    USA

Sentry Marketing Secret Shop Company Does Not Pay! Frisco Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Shopper Payment Issues

I work part-time as a Secret/Mystery Shopper.  I contract out to several companies.  Sentry Marketing has a documented payment process, promising to pay for shops withing 45-60 days following the completion and acceptance of a shop.

I sent an email to the support desk, asking why it took so long to get paid.  That must have hurt someone deeply because they blocked all shops from me and I was not able to shop for them again.

I have proof that they took way longer than even the ridiculous 60 days to pay, almost three months in most cases.  I have finally been paid for all shops that I completed for them, but they are an extremely unprofessional company who cannot take constructive criticism.

In my complaint, I named off at least 8 other companies who I shop for and gave them pay dates that were anywhere from 7-21 days for payment.

I'm not sure if they have cash flow issues, but 2.5-3 months to pay for work is just wrong.  They need to update their website to indicate that they are a one-man shop and can't manage their money.

I am certain that they are paid within 30 days by their customers,  but they don't pass that along, I guess they go to the track with my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2014 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sentry-marketing/frisco-texas-75035/sentry-marketing-secret-shop-company-does-not-pay-frisco-texas-1162841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Shopper Payment Issues

AUTHOR: David Agius - ()

Because I do not know the identity of the person who submitted this report, it is impossible for me to comment on their specific situation.   I did search for closed tickets in our support system and was unable to find any tickets that matched the name and city associated with this report. As such, I will respond to their comments in general.

We do pay our shoppers.  We have a structured and publsihed process to request assistance with payment for a completed assignment.  When the process is followed, the vast majority of issues are promptly resolved.

A shopper's account would not be closed based on submission of request for assistance unless the request for assistance was submitted in an inappropriate manner.   Based on the content of this report, it is possible that the request for assistance included some content that was not appropriate in which case the users account would have been deactivated.

There are occasions when payment is delayed due to a check being returned in the mail, lost in the mail, or an administrative error.   These type of issues are experienced by any company sends payment via US Mail.

Any shopper who does not receive prompt assistance from our help desk may contact me directly at dave@sentrymarketing.com.

The person who submitted this report may contact me directly at the preceeding email address if they would like to discuss their issue in greater detail.

Dave Agius, President