Complaint Review: Service Net Solutions

• Service Net Solutions
    650 Missouri Avenue
    Jefferson, Indiana
    United States of America

Service Net Solutions, SONY DBA Service Net Solutions attempted to charge me for service on a prepaid extended service contract Jefferson, Indiana

I have a Sony Vaio laptop computer.  I purchased it with a 3-year extended warranty (service contract) through Sony, which turned out to be with Service Net Solutions.
The contract runs through December 2010.

On November 25, 2009 I called service net wanting to get information on the graphics card in the computer. I reached the call center in Costa Rica. The rep (Carlos) wanted the computer model number , my name, and my telephone number which I provided.

Before I could get to ask my detailed question I was informed that I would have to pay $49.99 for the call. I told him I had an extended service contract, and I asked him how he could charge me for the information.

He did not have an answer.  I asked for his supervisor, and after about 10 inutes, I was told that I was wrong and the initial rep had every right o say what he did. The supervisor reused to provide his ID or last name.  All I know is that he said his name was Pablo.

I sent letters to Sony and to Service net.

I got a phone call back from someone who said that Service Net actually charged me for the call. They didn't because I never gave them a credit card number.

Clearly the person who called did not understand English, for I had said that the Service Net person TRIED to charge me, only.

I am at a loss to understand how much clearer I cold have been.  My reason for writing this is to advise others to BE AWARE OF THIS RIPOFF ATTEMPT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2009 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/service-net-solutions/jefferson-indiana-47130/service-net-solutions-sony-dba-service-net-solutions-attempted-to-charge-me-for-service-o-529121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content