Complaint Review: Sharaf DG UAE

• Sharaf DG UAE

ABU DHABI , other
    United Arab Emirates

Sharaf DG UAE Sharaf DG fake offers ABU DHABI

I still remember what Frank Herbert said: “Do actions agree with words? There is your measure of reliability. Never confine yourself to the words.” To be honest I confined myself to the fake words advertised by Sharaf DG saying, “Get iPad Air 2 for only 1499 AED, and as a compliment from Sharaf DG you can grab your Headset as a free compliment form Sharaf DG”. Being deceived by this advertisement I and my daughter dashed into the shop and grabbed this “wonderful” deal. Another deception was when the sales staff said to us “Sir, our Sharaf DG promise is that you will get the price difference twice if you find the same item against a lower price in another shop”. It sounded great but in reality, it is great only for the fools.  The same day, I went to Carrefour to check and I found that the same  item is sold for only 1299 AED which means that there is  a price difference of  200 AED  which  means that I will get  400 AED from Sharaf DG according to their “ Fake” promise.

Therefore, I went to the customer service desk at Sharaf DG to claim my price difference voucher. The first impression of the customer service staff is that she felt offended by thinking that I knew in advance that there is a price difference and I have deliberately purchased this item only to claim the price difference voucher. Therefore, she said: “Sorry Sir, we cannot handle your request right now as our management is off on Saturdays and you have to wait until tomorrow. I told her:” isn’t there a line manager or a duty manager here to verify the price and get this transaction done?” She said: ‘Yes sure I will check with the manager, please wait”. This is a  deception  as she at  first you have to wait  until tomorrow as our management is off on Saturday and all of sudden she decided to go the next  office and come back. After a couple of minutes she came back and said:” Sir sorry you are not eligible for this price difference voucher because we couldn’t match the price”. I requested more clarification on what is meant by “We can’t match the price”. She said:” Sir, look in your bill it says that the price is 1499 but it is divided into two items one item which you have been charged for is the headset. You have been charged 299 AED for the value of this item and the remaining amount is the value if the iPad Air 2”.

That what is the catch. Sharaf DG has fooled me by this hoax .They have charged me 299 AED for a gift which is supposed to be free as advertised. At that moment I realized  that the  free gifts of Sharaf DG are not actually free  and it is only a sham only  for the fools who don’t  read their invoice before they dash out the  shop happy with their fake deal.

I asked the staff there that I need to talk to your manager to resolve this issue. She said: “ Sorry Sir,  he is busy right now he can’t see you right now” I told her” What do you mean he is busy. If he is busy he should be busy with me. I’m his business, and you have charged me 299 AED for  an item which I don’t really want and I didn’t  come  to your shop to  buy it. I came here to buy iPad Air 2 and your promise says “get  double the price difference and  there is really a difference of 200 AED  and I have the right  to claim it,  and I have the right to  get a full refund of the 299 AED  which you have charged for a supposedly free item which I don’t really want.  She said with cold blood and a dull voice: “ I am the manager here and you can talk to me and nothing can be done for you further sorry sir”.

I felt that I am the only fool in this world being deceived by the fake offers of Sharaf DG. Therefore, I called the  head office and after  along  conversation the staff at the  head office, the staff  said: ‘ Sir nothing is free at Sharaf DG,  and  we have charged you this amount as a value of this gift but you have the option to cancel the whole transaction and get your money back. Therefore, I returned the item and got my money back but with a lot of learned lessons. Of these lessons are the following:

• Sharaf DG’s gifts are not free. You are charged for each free complimentary   item  or  promotional gift you get with your purchase.
  • Sharaf DG promise of getting double the price difference is a hoax and not real.
  • Read your previous invoices of items that you have already purchased from Sharaf DG with extreme caution because maybe you will discover that you were one of the fools who were deceived by Sharaf DG.
  • When you ask the customer service attendant to see the manager and she says that she is the manager, it means that she is telling a lie and she has taken it personally.
  • Of your rights as a customer is to see the manager and not be deceived by the lies of the customer service desk.
  • At any time, you can report any fake advertisement to the Consumer Protection Authority in Abu Dhabi.
  • You have to inform the customer service desk that you really know your rights as a customer and you have to the option of reporting your issue to the Consumer Protection Authority in Abu Dhabi.
  • Do not confine yourself to one store when you want to buy something. For example, Sharaf DG is not a manufacturer of the items that you want buy. It is just an outlet and you are not forced to buy from them.
  • All that glitters is not gold. Gifts advertised by Sharaf DG are too good to be true. It is just  a decoy.
  • Never argue with untrained staff like the staff at Sharaf DG customer service  section. Instead of arguing, just return the item and sure you will get the same item in hundre3ddss of stores around you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2017 12:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sharaf-dg-uae/abu-dhabi-other/sharaf-dg-uae-sharaf-dg-fake-offers-abu-dhabi-1359256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content