Complaint Review: Shihtzu By Burnwood

• Updated: Sat, August 13, 2011
  • Reported By: hampton Virginia
  • Shihtzu By Burnwood
    Raleigh, North Carolina

Shihtzu By Burnwood shihtzu by burnwood - no customer service! Ripoff Raleigh North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Burnwood dogs needs fosters/rescuers-Raleigh/Vary, NC

*Author of original report: Victory so many years later!

*General Comment: FYI-Burham (Burnwood) Breeder arrested!!! Raleigh, NC

*Consumer Comment: Carlton - Agree with you on Shih Tzu By Burnwood

*Consumer Suggestion: The Nut case that has MOVED in on your post is Michelle Sainz www.michelle-sainz.com

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: this is michelle sainz corrine is sherry carter who is website pro now lol carters cuties joke

*Author of original report: Update to this report......

*Consumer Comment: All False Information above

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: update update sherry slanders all michelle sainz does not know burnwood and wouls never falsefy them

*Consumer Comment: Breeder still Slandering ALL breeders across the U S . Michelle Sainz stops at nothing

*Consumer Suggestion: UPDATE UPDATE BURNTWOOD HAS 25 PUPPIES ON WEB SITE TODAY FOR A BREEDER WHO DOES NOT BREED MUCH THATS ALOT OF LITTERS

*Consumer Suggestion: what a ripoff so that is the great BURNWOOD HIDE THE PUPPY MILL MEET AT ANOTHER LOCATION

*Author of original report: Response to Corrine

*Consumer Suggestion: i can see not letting the puppies being exposed but adults??? something is wrong here

*Author of original report: Some insight to your questions......

*Author of original report: Update to report: size of dogs and prices

*Author of original report: Additional information to add to this posting

*Consumer Comment: DID YOU RECIEVE THEIR EYE CERF OR THE OTHER TESTS THEY CLAIM THEY DO ON THEIR ADULTS??

I purchased 3 puppies from Burnwood back in July of 2005, during that time they gave me paperwork for all 3 dogs to be CKC registered. Sending off the paperwork shortly after getting the dogs, months went by and I never got anything in return nor was my check to pay for the registration to the CKC cashed.

I called Burnwood numerous times and left a lot of voice mails about the issue to get paperwork reissued. No calls were returned and my emails went without replies. After waiting what seemed to be a few more months, I tried again to contact Burnwood and that time they told me new paperwork would be sent out.

Again, months went by and nothing came. Speaking to Burnwood by chat one day, I asked politely if they could send the paperwork out and the husband of the lady selling the dogs, stated that he was furious with me and took my threats on a personal level. *At no time did I threaten anyone and have saved all emails and chat logs to prove it. He then later on apologized and stated he would send out the paperwork but would need a few days to do it.

Yet again, months go by so I call the CKC directly. They inform me that they cannot get involved, but it only takes 1 business day to resend the paperwork from the time the breeder contacts them.

After calling/emailing Burnwood again, the last email said they would get it sent out and now, over 2 years from the original request it has not been done.

I filed a BBB report a while back against them and nothing came out of it. The BBB was very rude and unprofessional during the process. Burnwood never replied to them and the case was closed.

Taking them to court is useless according to the clerk I spoke to being that the filing fee is $45 (dog paperwork total filing fee is $12 per dog) and even if the judge awards in my favor, I would still have to try and collect on it and the court does not get involved.

I am not sure what else can be done at this point? They will not return my emails or calls............

Carlton
hampton, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2007 07:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shihtzu-by-burnwood/raleigh-north-carolina/shihtzu-by-burnwood-shihtzu-by-burnwood-no-customer-service-ripoff-raleigh-north-caroli-259203. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
24Consumer
5Employee/Owner

Burnwood dogs needs fosters/rescuers-Raleigh/Vary, NC

AUTHOR: JusticeForDogs - (United States of America)

To all the people that were scammed by these losers that will hopefully get a long jail sentence!!  I am sorry.  I hope you pass along information that few Breeders are worthy and we need to save and rescue the pets in shelters and in foster care. ADOPT- NOT SHOP! Spay/Neuter

Who says you can't get small breed dogs at shelters?  Well, here you go.  Anyone live near the Raleigh area and would like a small dog recently rescued from the "Breeder"/ Hoarder/Puppy Mill Bust in Raleigh.

This is one non-profit that took some of the dogs to foster. Camp Rescue took in 10 dogs.  Their pics are on link.

See more for foster/adoption in Raleigh, NC -ID numbers are 58436 thru 58493
Adoption fee is $95.00 including spay/neuter.

Victory so many years later!

AUTHOR: Carlton - (U.S.A.)

Here it is August 2011 and they have finally been caught!  When I read this update it was very upsetting but also a big relief.  I should have listened to my gut instinct back then and went with someone else.

I am glad this report is out there for everyone to see.  Lets hope the dogs they treated horrible are well taken care of now.

Might sound silly, but I feel a closure on this issue.  Bitter sweet........

#3 General Comment

FYI-Burham (Burnwood) Breeder arrested!!! Raleigh, NC

AUTHOR: JusticeForDogs - (United States of America)

Raleigh animal control officers late Friday , August 5, 2011,
charged two women with animal cruelty after 67 dogs and three cats were
removed Thursday, Aug 4, 2011 from a North Raleigh home.Just before 9 a.m. on
Thursday, the officers responded to a report about animals being treated
inhumanely at 6608 Professor St., north of Interstate 540.They
then spent much of the day removing animals from the house and taking
them to the Wake County Animal Center for evaluation and care, said Jim
Sughrue, a spokesman for the police department.

Carolyn Sue Burnham and Barbara Von Woodworth were each charged
with 10 counts of animal cruelty. Each count of the felony charges
corresponds to a dog that had to be euthanized after being removed from
the residence. Both suspects lived the Professor Street location.The investigation of the case is continuing.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/08/05/1391533/69-animals-taken-from-home.html#storylink=misearch#ixzz1UGEIYI17

AUTHOR: Smartie - (U.S.A.)

I had problems with these people also. Furthermore, I wanted to comment that I did notice the paypal fees. The dogs are supposed to have a 200 deposit, but the bill comes out to 215. 99. I connected paypal about this. Stating that this is a fee to cover papypal fees, but paypal told me thwy couldn't do any thing about it.

Carlton - Agree with you on Shih Tzu By Burnwood

AUTHOR: Doglover - (U.S.A.)

I purchased a puppy form this company and prior to the purchase they were so responsive. Returned emails within minutes. I flew down to pick up my puppy and the woman I met told me to call or email her with any questions. I called and emailed several times and not one call or email was returned. What does this tell you about this company?

They also go on to say they do not overbreed. How can they have so many puppies available?

When I brought our new puppy in for his first check up, we were told he had all the signs of over breeding...sliding knee cap, crooked teeth. He also had a hernia which needed surgery. Ofcourse this was not disclosed at the time of the sale.Burnwood claims in their BBB response that a hernia is not serious and common. If thats the case, why not disclose this information?

In my opionion, this company breeds dogs soley for profit. Its sad that people can do this and get away with it. I would love the local Humane Society to stop in and check on their local breeding practices.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ann - (U.S.A.)

Michelle is every where and is non-stop. Has 100 fake names and is in hiding with her Mutt-tzus . Just ask all the breeders that she michelle throws around their name how insane Michelle is . Sharon Gray ask Michelle to Move off of that post also. View Alabama to see the true Michelle Sainz. View www.michelle-sainz.com Michelle stay off these post and stop hiding behind 100 fake names. Michelle is posting in all states on Shihtzus breeders . The Nut Case is a wanna be breeder that has ruined her name and trashed her shihtzu breeding website. Stay off the computer Michelle and leave these breeders alone.

#10 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

sherry carter has slandered me betty moore david an linda canterberry and lil doggie rescue. now he is trying to sell you web sites 4 dogs. do not send her anything she will use against you i ave neer had but 2 litter of puppies. she is the slander of all breeders lke empress lonestar and donnasdarling shhtzus. she has had police go to her residence to keep from saying my name and see it worked. she has tried to con me into buyng do she gave to lil dogge rescue 2 weeks after trying to sell to me 4 700.00 call me for pics and email donna is selling dgs from betty more maltese bishons fr 100.00 sh bought them from betty so they are defected for donna was going to keep maltese now for sale sherry betty donna i dont have nothing for you or any breeder i foun all mine homes not on internet puppy millers betty moore sherry carter u bot have been to court suing each other 2 breeders lol not a breeder anymore i believe no animal should be used to produce puppies for your sick money game. they deserve better you too empress with your rabbit cagesoff the ground and amanda craig enjoy my 300.00 i think all breeders except few like burnwood are sick dont care spit out puppies donnadarlings said abigal was 2 small 2 breed lol money huh? donna u r not any better w/charlies paw paw patch puppies no ch. no real shihtzu blood get your money sell your dogs i will be gladwhen all animals wil have to spay and neuter puppy find sick sick sick

Update to this report......

All,

Could you please stay away from posting about other breeders within this report?

I am focused on Burnwood and letting everyone know about the problems I had with them.

If there are a ton of misc. threads about other breeders and problems, it defeats the purpose of me starting this report.

Thanks,

All False Information above

AUTHOR: Rita - (U.S.A.)

I have heard many many things about this person Carine making false accusuations on the internet. I know many breeders that are part of her rath. I believe all above information is false and just people wanting to slander others. What is this a free for all? I guess so, how sad it is that people can do this to one another. I really feel we should all be very careful what we say, and using other peoples names as "window dressing". Talking bad about people can be just as determental as the issue itself. Now this terrible that people are stalking others, using other peoples names to file a report, and just plainly being horrible to one another. I just cannot believe this, WOW! I am even reading that one lady had to get a lawyer to protect herself from a stalker. Oh my goodness what is this world coming to? All I can see is I feel saddened from all the slander here. :(

#13 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Corrine - (U.S.A.)

sherry your game is getting ols 1 st you got mad because i didnt want your dog that ended up at lil doggie rescue named andy little doggie said a puupy mill dog cartwers brought them a puppy mill dog. now i michelle sainz know nothing of these burnwood kennels and have no relationship with them finacial or otherwise. sherry wants to have eveyone think i said something about another breeder i know no breeders. before she started slamming me on ripoff she put my daughter and husband names on her dogs at puppy find she has no car and spends all her days and nights on computer. she took a breeder to court only to lose because you are a liar sherry now you want these burnwood kennels slandered leave everyone alone sherry you are old and bored. keep my name out of your mouth to burnwood kennel i have no judgement on your shih tzus and i apoligize for this lady who continues to stalk me and my family. we have an attorney against her now and she will be served for harrassing communications for she calls me and i am tired of wicked people as herself.

#14 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#15 REBUTTAL Individual responds

#16 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

Corrine is a fake name and Miss Corrine lives in Theodore ,Alabama . Her real name is Michelle Sainz of aperfectshihtzu.com . Look at ALL the Alabama post and all the states were she slanders all breeders. Can we have your address were all the internet freaks can come to your home aperfectshihtzu.com ? Can we get your real home phone number to go with your real address ? No she hides behind a cell phone and will not let you have her address either .

#18 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Corrine - (U.S.A.)

I HAVE HEARD ALOT OF CONSUMERS SAY OH THAT BREEDER IS SO NICE WE TALK FOR HOURS BUT WHEN THE MONEY IS EXCHANGED AND THEY GET WHAT THEY WANT MONEY ITS ALL OVER. CKC CANT HELP YOU WITH THE PAPER WORK ? DID YOU BUY THE 3 WITH INTENTION ON HOUSE PETS OR BREEDING? CKC DOES LET YOU TAKE PICTURES @ 6 MONTHS OF AGE. THEY WILL CKC THEM BUT WITH NO PARENTS AND NO LINEAGE. IF BURTWOOD HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS 20 YEARS SHE SHOULD HAVE A LONG LINEAGE OF EVEN HER CKC. OR LIKE I SAID THEY DONT HAVE PAPER WORK MAYBE THEY ARE BROKERS.

#19 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Corrine - (U.S.A.)

i would not ever buy from anybody that is so embarrassed of there breeding program to have to meet someone at an apartment to sell a puppy. i guess if it was not for trying to peddle toys and etc. dog things they would meet at mcdonalds lol burnwood shih tzus apartment rats. that is a disgrace to all breeders. oh your name will have a business licence if you are selling anything but dogs and the person you ripped off may let it go but i think this diserves the full ripoff search do up so dot your is and cross your tees i hope you have business license and hope you dont mind showing your local humaine society your kennel or lets say from the sounds of it so far puppy mill.discusting you sure like to put up the adds but its about time for your free ride off of innocent animals to come to a swift halt meeting ans greetin i will be in contact with the attorney general and anyone else in the community where you operate to make sure you are up to code akc huh? hope you got dnas on those boys good luck

#20 Consumer Suggestion

#21 Consumer Suggestion

#22 Consumer Suggestion

Response to Corrine

Corrine,

What I meant by having them at the apartment, was that they would bring the puppies over to the apartment they had setup as like a "shop", so that potential buyers could see and purchase them.

The process went like this:

1. You selected a puppy that was available on their site and put down the deposit.

2. Since we wanted to pick the puppies up at the apartment and not have them shipped, they told us to meet them at the apartment at a particular time where they would have only the puppies you wanted to purchase there.

3. There were no other puppies there, the only other things were puppy/dog products available for purchase.

To this day I still wonder why they would not let us see the mothers/fathers of the puppies and the living conditions where they were raising them.

At this point I am fed up with the lack of customer service and really burnt out over all this. Nothing will probably be done further on this issue, but at least others can look up this information and see through Burnwoods bad ways.

#24 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Corrine - (U.S.A.)

you mean this shih tzu breeder lives in an apartment and has puppies available at all times. first call your local spca which you can obtain from your local animal shelter. forget the bbb no where with that if you want to get these people looked at call humaine society because for one they have way too many puppies being breed out of an apartment. their web site seems like they are very big kennel. i assumed by all their advertising and their site that they at least had property. not an apartment. when you went into the apartment did they hide dogs in the bedroom or bathrooms? a shih-tzu is known for a guard dog. If someone comes in their territory they will bark how old was puppies when you bought them ? was shots and dewormers done by vet or by the so called establishment? please call for the sake of the puppies the local humaine society to go take a look. shih-tzus are wonderful apartment dogs but not for breeding duhh. sounds to me from what you have witnessed. they are brokers not puppy breeders. also i wonder if their apartment manager knows how many puppies are on the web site for sale because in alabama alot of apartments charge $300.00 per pet. so if you dont get your papers consider going to the manager with their operation.but do call humaine society please

Some insight to your questions......

AUTHOR: Carlton - (U.S.A.)

This is what happened to us when we purchased our puppies from them.....

They have a small apartment in Raleigh NC that has been converted to look like a small and I mean SMALL dog store. When you go to view the puppies, they do not allow you to see the actual parents of the puppies. The apartment is filled with puppy toys, and other overpriced items for purchase.

When we asked if we could go see the actual area where the moms and dads of the puppies were, they told us several "health code" issues would be broke and was not allowed. During that time, we had never bought a dog from a breeder and were both very new at this whole thing, so thought that was right.

They never once showed us any documents on the eye test or any other test. Of course again, being very new to this we didnt realize to ask either. I can tell you now that 2 of the 3 dogs I purchased do have problems with their eyes. The vet says they are fine, but sometimes when I look at the dogs, one eye will look off to the right and the other in a different direction.

We had originally wanted to purchase only 2 puppies from them, but when we got there to take a look at them, the breeder had another 4 others that she said were "tagging" along. I knew that she was trying to get us to purchase more and it seemed quite odd.

It also strikes me as weird that they have only one show winning dog up on the site, but you are not allowed to see any of the parents of the puppies.

Something else to keep in mind... The breeder told us that since we were getting 3 puppies from them, they would give us 10% off each puppy. However, when we went to pay, they demanded the other 10% of the total and after talking with them by phone, they swore up and down that they did not say it. My wife was really upset at that time and after all of the non-returned phone calls and other rude comments towards us during the sale, she almost canceled getting the puppies.

There are two sisters that work there and when you talk to them, they will give you the "well, you must have talked to my sister...not me" excuse when it comes to getting facts straight. I ended up sending emails only and it would take them a very long time to respond.

After getting the puppies, they gave us the receipts/dewormer and said the puppies were good to go. We took them to a vet right after we got them and the vet said after the testing, that all the puppies had worms and would need to be dewormed. Calls to the breeder about this were not returned.

Even to this day, I do not understand why they will not send out my paperwork. It is very simple and easy.

Update to report: size of dogs and prices

AUTHOR: Carlton - (U.S.A.)

The sizes of my dogs are: 1-12 lbs, 1-8 lbs, and 1 at 6 lbs. They stated at the time that they DO NOT guarantee what size the dogs will eventually be.

During that time, each dog was purchased for $950 a piece. Something else that I just recently found out... They want you to add an additional amount to your paypal deposit so that they do not have to pay the paypal fees.

This is against paypal's policy and should be reported.

AUTHOR: Carlton - (U.S.A.)

Back in late 2005, I was not getting any responses by email or phone and a friend suggested I do a test. What he suggested was write up an email stating you would file internet fraud agencies and other various sites, if they would not give me my paperwork. He told me that he knew they would respond immediately and to watch how fast they respond.

After writing up the email, which contained no threating or bad words it was sent. After about 10 minutes, I got a phone call and the breeder left a voice mail that they did not appreciate my *threat* of filing with any fraud agencies as they were not frauds AND they were listed with the BBB. I called them back and stated I just wanted my paperwork and they left me no choice to start filing with agencies. The breeder(one of the sisters) told me they would look into it and get back to me.

When I filed my request with BBB last year, the BBB had no record that Burnwood had EVER been listed with them as a member. They have had a few negative request against them on the site.

To whom it may concern,

I have tried numerous times to contact anyone at burnwood about an ongoing issue with ckc paperwork. The last response I got was that it was being researched and the paperwork would be sent out once it was completed.

Yesterday I spoke with the ckc headquarters and explained my situation to them. They indicated even with this unique situation, it only takes one business day from the time the breeder calls in to have the papework reissued.

I am not sure what else to do at this point. It appears the only time I get a response from anyone at burnwood is when I get nasty and I really dislike doing that.

Last year I spent almost $3000 for 3 shih-tzus and would think that I could get a little customer service/support afterwards. Unfortunately at this time if I do not hear back from anyone in regards to the papework, then I will be forced to seek legal council to handle this simple matter.

Please do not take this email as a threat, as it is not. However, put yourself in my shoes for a moment and realize how absurd it is to wait months and months for paperwork that should have been sent out a few days after I requested it.

I called the 800 number listed on your website twice yesterday and left two messages in regards to the paperwork, no calls were returned yesterday evening.

It is now 11:30am November 30, 2006. I will give your establishment one business day to return my call or reply to my email. If I do not hear back from anyone after that time, I will be forced to take further steps to resolve this issue.

AUTHOR: Corrine - (U.S.A.)

I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED WHY THEY SAY THEY HAVE NO KENNEL AND VERY FEW SHIH-TZUS BUT HAVE 18 PUPPIES FOR SALE AT ALL TIMES.

I WAS THINKING OF BUYING ONE FROM THEM ALSO BUT THEY NEVER SHOW ADULTS MALE OR FEMALES. THEY SHOW 1 SHIH-TZU THAT STATES IT IS WORLD CHAMPION. iF SO WHY DO THEY SELL SO MANY CKC? PLEASE TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THESE BREEDERS.

THEY HAVE BEEN ADVERTISING ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING FOR SALE BUT NEVER SEE THE PARENTS ONLY IMPERIAL SHIH-TZU A OR SHIH-TZU E6 ? WHATS THAT? HAS ANYONE PURCHASED FROM THESE BREEDERS? I HAVE NEVER SEEN A SITE THAT SAYS WE DON'T HAVE SHIH-TZU PUPPIES AVAILABLE ALL YEAR BUT YET THEY DO AND NEVER SHOW PARENTS. DO YOU THINK THEY ARE BROKERS? I CALLED AND THEY TOLD ME THEY HAVE VERY FEW PUPPIES BUT THERE IS ALWAYS PUPPIES AVAILABLE.ANOTHER THING IS PRICE IS NEVER STATED ON THEIR PUPS?????? ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THESE OVER ADVERTISED BREEDERS PLEASE LET US KNOW. WHY NO PARENTS IN THEIR 25 PAGES OF INFO. WHY NO PRICES OR ADULTS ITS A USLESS SITE IF YOU DONT KNOW A PRICE OR WHAT THEIR PARENTS LOOK LIKE AND IMPERIAL? WHAT SIZE IS THAT 3POUNDS? OR 8 POUNDS? THEY HAVE ADDS ALL OVER PUPPY FOR SALE SITES BUT SO LITTLE IS KNOWN. CAN INYONE SHED LIGHT ON THIS BREEDER?