Complaint Review: Shirely Gordon

• Shirely Gordon
    11306 grandview ave
    Wheaton, Maryland
    USA

Shirely Gordon Strands Hair Studio Charged me 5x what I was quoted for a hair service; was rude amd disrespectful; tried to get physical and snatched money from my hands Wheaton Maryland

I came to the salon for highlights, a blowout, and light trim. I was referred by a friend whom know Ms. Gordon the owner of the salon. I was given a quote of around $300 for everything because a friend referred me. That is pricey but doable. I arrived to my appointment 5 minutes early and was greeted by a rude receptionist, I believe her name is Alena. Shirley kept me waiting for half an hour and at that point I was ready to leave but because I already had to pay a deposit (forgot to mention that as well) I figured I would give her a few more minutes of wait time. When she finally took over, she haphazardly applied the bleach mixture to my hair.... no foils.... no combs.... no gloves?

She left ot in for a couple hours which I thouvht was very long but I trusted her. She rinsed me. I looked in the mirror at hour as my, for the most part healthy brown ombred hair looked uneven and ratty. She blew me out without a brush. My hair was going in every direction. Heat and water all over my face, thank God I did not apply much makeup this day. Throughout the process there was no chitcat or even the slightest bit of kindness or customer service. After she dried my hair she wasready to trim and i was ready to run. I figured there must be a method to the madness so i stayed silent. She cut 7 inches of hair off! I came in with waist length hair and left with basically a ratty bob. When it was time to pay I had to speak up and express my concern.

She went from 0-1000 in 2 seconds. Yelling over me and demanding I pay $900, claiming my hair was "difficult" to manage and work with. She claimed it was almost beyond fixing and alot had to be cut off. Im not a hair expert but I do tale decent care of my hair and its rare that i fo color but when I do it I want to do it right. I washolding the cash in my hand but still tried to go down to original price. She snatched the money and continued to yell. I was in shock and fear from her actions and behavior. I decided to just leave. I will be wearing wigs for a while. Most definitely not from her "wig line" which I latter discovered are horrible. I hope no one else will fall victim to her scams and fraud. After the job she did, I dont belive she even has a license to do hair and if she does, i fear the people that gave it to her.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2017 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/shirely-gordon/wheaton-maryland-11306/shirely-gordon-strands-hair-studio-charged-me-5x-what-i-was-quoted-for-a-hair-service-wa-1394201. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content