Complaint Review: SideSocket

• SideSocket
    P.O. Box 3179
    Wallingford,, Connecticut
    USA

SideSocket My experience is the same as those others I have read. False advertising on the TV add about the surge protection, misleading or no information about the additional charges. I ended up getting $17.95 worth of merchandise with no information about shipping and handling charges until hitting the submit button, which completed the purchase. Only then was I shown $31+ S&H charges which brought the total to about $50. No way to back out or cancel the charge. I notified my credit card company to refuse this charge when it came to them, and will refuse to accept the shipment. Wallingford, Connecticut

My experience is the same as those others I have read. False advertising on the TV add about the surge protection, misleading or no  information about the additional charges.

I ended up getting $17.95 worth of merchandise with no information about shipping and handling charges until hitting the submit button, which completed the purchase.  Only then was I shown $31+ S&H charges which brought the total to about $50.  No way to back out or cancel the charge.  I ordered on a Sat, immediately called the customer sercvice number to cancel, was notified, after actually being on hold,that their business hours didn't start until Monday.

When I went on to check the status fo the order there was no information on my order.  I called early Monday a.m. to cancel, and despite the fact the website said it could be 24-48hours before the order registered, and to wait 2-6 weeks for delivery, I was told the order was shipped, so I could not cancel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2013 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sidesocket/wallingford-connecticut-06494/sidesocket-my-experience-is-the-same-as-those-others-i-have-read-false-advertising-on-th-1056317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content