Complaint Review: Sierra Living Concepts

• Sierra Living Concepts
    44830 South Grimmer Blvd.,
    Internet
    United States of America

Sierra Living Concepts Misrepresentation of Quality of Furniture; Order took FOUR months to receive; Required 100% up-front deposit (although not disclosed upon purchase), Internet

Warning:  do not purchase furniture from Sierra Living Concepts, an internet based business out of California. They sell what appears to be very interesting, custom-made furniture that is crafted in India.  I placed an order in October 2011 and just received it last week.

•  I was told that fulfillment of the order would be 2-3 months.  It took 4 months.

• I was not told that they would require 100% up-front payment for this order.  I found out when I saw that my charge card was charged in full when my order was placed.

• The furniture they delivered arrived damaged:  with stains on the leather and a totally cracked leg.

• The furniture received was supposed to be two good quality orange leather chairs.  The craftsmanship was horrible.  What cost $1,000 could be purchased here in the states for $250.  In fact, the leather was white leather and was either stained or painted orange.  The seams of the leather were not even fully painted or stained and still were white in places.

• When I contacted the company about my disappointment, I was told to call in a furniture repairperson and to have the furniture fixed.  They would pick up the bill.  I was also told that I could take off the black stains on the leather with nail polish remover.
Save your money and purchase furniture elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sierra-living-concepts/internet/sierra-living-concepts-misrepresentation-of-quality-of-furniture-order-took-four-months-849010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content