Complaint Review: Sinclair Kennel

• Sinclair Kennel
    Sorrento, British Columbia
    Sorrento, British Columbia
    Canada

Sinclair Kennel Sinclair Kennel Whippets IRRESPONSIBLE DOG BREEDER breeding & selling deficient dogs Sorrento, British Columbia Canada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Sinclair Kennel

Years ago, I adopted a pure-bred dog from Lynn dba Sinclair Kennel. This dog had multiple medical problems, requiring extensive medical intervention. Responsible breeders work to breed out these problems, but my impression is she didn't care much about improving this breed of dog, and cared more about making a profit. To me, this is extremely immoral. Frankly, my dog had so many problems, it seemed like a breeder could not have made a worse dog health-wise, even if the breeder intentionally bred dogs with the worst genetic problems.

When approached with the problems that my dog had, Lynn didn't seem to care much about the health of my dog. Instead she wanted to KILL the dog, even though a procedure was available to fix the problems. Dogs are not clothing that we chuck out when there's a tear. I could not believe the response!

My interaction with this woman/business leaves me to think that she's unprofessional, and only cares about making a profit, despite the suffering of her dogs. [continued below]....
..... I don't believe she is a good breeder and I regret ever dealing with Lynn or Sinclair Kennel. If I could do it all over again, I'd adopt a dog from the local shelter, or alternatively, find a dog owner who has an older dog of the breed you'd want and is healthy and ask them which breeder they used.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sinclair-kennel/sorrento-british-columbia-/sinclair-kennel-sinclair-kennel-whippets-irresponsible-dog-breeder-breeding-selling-def-988641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Sinclair Kennel

AUTHOR: Breeder - ()

FYI this is a dachshund this person is referring to. She did not contact the breeder as she should have when back problems first started and she began expensive surgery on the dog, only asking for financial assistance when a third surgery was apparently needed. Backs being a potential weekness in the dachshund, are not guaranteed as the contract  she received stated. Without proprer care of the animal this problem can arise beyond the control of the breeder.