Complaint Review: Sirius Satillite Radio

• Phone: 888-539-7474
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

Sirius Satillite Radio REBATE SCAM New York City New York

I ordered a Sirius Satellite Sportster radio in September 2007. The radio came with a $149.00 rebate. The rebate was available as long as you subscribed for a six month period. I already had two other subscriptions and was adding a third.

I ordered the radio and submitted everything to get the rebate within a few days. I checked my status on-line and after a few weeks received a notice I had not submitted everything they asked for.

November 10, 2007 I contacted Sirius via email and told them I had in fact sent the rebate in as they had instructed. I was assured my rebate would be taken care of. Nov. 23, 2007 I received an email from Sirius stating that I had submitted an ESN/SID from a previous submission. This is impossible given that the NEW radio I ordered was a NEW model. And so the games begin!!

November 25, 2007 Sirius emails me again and apologizes for their mistake and assure me they have ESCALATED my rebate for an override and I can except my check for $149. within 4 - 6 weeks.

Well it is now SEVEN WEEKS LATER and still no rebate.
I contact Sirius AGAIN today (January 12, 2008) and they tell me they are ESCALATING MY REBATE AGAIN!! and I can expect my check in 4- 6 weeks.

I emailed them and told them I believe at this point I am out $149 and they are losing a subscriber.
Sirius's reply to me is that a third party company handles the rebates. This is garbage!! They are making excuses and do not stand behind their offers. This is false advertising, false representation and they are STEALING money from consumers!!

As soon as my subscription is up in March 2008 that's it, it will be cancelled. And that is on FOUR RADIOS.
I encourage anyone who has fallen victim to Sirius to take action!!

Adam
Orange City, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2008 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sirius-satillite-radio/nationwide/sirius-satillite-radio-rebate-scam-new-york-city-new-york-299449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content