Complaint Review: S.I.R.S Sweepstake

Las Vegas, Nevada

S.I.R.S Sweepstake ripoff! Las Vegas, Nevada

*Consumer Comment: $21

*Consumer Comment: $21

I remembered reading the letter stating that I have won, and I almost had a heart attack. I was practically rushed to send the 21 dollars and something cents to them because that day was the deadling (in January).

If I didn't send it I wouldn't have receive the money. I read about five times then I proceeded to call my family members after I sent the check and letter back, tell all of them that I have won and how the money is going to help me achieve all of my goals.

Then a week later, I went online and found this site, oh how devastated and stupid I felt. Not only that I had also found a website stating that it is one of the ways to get our checking accounts. Now I am scared because the check that I sent was under a business account and we deposit a large amount weekly.

I don't know what to do. And now I have received a second letter for another amount of 21 dollars and something. What have this world come to?

Jamie
Phila, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2005 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sirs-sweepstake/las-vegas-nevada-89133/sirs-sweepstake-ripoff-las-vegas-nevada-130127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

$21

AUTHOR: Sam - (U.S.A.)

You just learned a lesson. But I would seriously consider opening a new business account and closing the old one. Just tell the bank what happened if they ask.

$21