Complaint Review: Sitestar

• Sitestar

Lynchburg, Virginia
    United States of America

Sitestar Sitestar.net Internet Services Lynchburg, Virginia

Over a decade ago my ISP was sold to Sitestar.  Due to terrible customer service, and an antiquated web interface, I decided to change a few months ago.  When I went to cancel the service (in May), the response of their system was "You cannot cancel within 20 days of your due date."  It then gave me three, and only three, options for a cancellation date: December, January, or February -- 6, 7, or 8 months in the future.

In other words, they plan to keep charging me for six months after I cancel.

This is only the latest in a long series of unauthorized charges, poor service, and absolutely horrible customer service.  While trying to resolve one such unauthorized charge, the customer service agent got so frustrated that the company policies which wouldn't allow her to fix the problem that she said, "I don't know why he does that!" then hung up on me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2011 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sitestar/lynchburg-virginia-/sitestar-sitestarnet-internet-services-lynchburg-virginia-726823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content