Complaint Review: sittercity

• Reported By: safe — chicago Illinois USA
  • sittercity

Internet
    USA

sittercity wrongfully deleted account/defraud character Internet

So I was an active member of sittercity for years. I have had six years of nanny experience and sittercity was where a majority of my positions came from. I never had an issue with anything negative with me or my account.

I always passed background checks and was very active in using this site as nannying is my full time job.

I have great references from my past nanny positions.

I recently had a bad experience with a family that hired me from that site, which doesn't typically happen with my nanny positions.

I absolutley did not feel comfortable going back to work with the family, as it is my right not to if I feel uncomfortable with that position.

I unfortunately had to part ways with that family and search for a better fit as that one didn't work.

I'm not going to put the family's business out there because that would be attacking there character, right?

So my issue is with the unprofessionalism of sittercity. As I have common sense, I'm sure the family did not like the notice I gave them when leaving that position (again I did not feel I could be in that work environment as I felt very attacked by the family on a consistent basis) so I'm sure they complained to sittercity in retaliation.

As I tried to log on to my account one day I saw I could no longer log on and found out it was removed, NOT because they had sent any email or information advising me of that, they just did it and I knew nothing about it.

No one contaced me to get my side of what happend. They have no idea if that family was telling who knows what lies. The fact that they don't give their sitters or nannies a chance to prove their side of what happened BEFORE deactivating their uncount is completley unprofessional and in my opinion should have consequences if found the family side was lieing.

They then will send all the people you were in contact with on that site a message that a person they were in contact with has been removed to do failure of terms of service.

So actually, what they are doing is defrauding anyones charactor whos account was removed do to a complaint without speaking with the other party.  This is defrauding because now anyone you were talking to or have been in contact with will now assume YOU did something very wrong to be removed, and give yourself a bad name. It also will prevent you from any possible job opportunities if you were in talks with a family and all of sudden you are removed unknowingly and wrongfully.

Basically, if you are a great nanny like myself and take your reputation very seriously, I WOULD NOT use this company.

Its clear that any family or PAYING customer can say anything they want about you regardless if it is true or not and you will be removed for any reason without being contacted and then YOU get a bad rep on that site and who knows if it follows to any other sites.

I am very unsatisfied with the handling of this site and probably will look into legal issues as this causes prevention of new jobs for any person who this has happened to, or loss of any future position because of sittercitys actions.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2017 04:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sittercity/internet/sittercity-wrongfully-deleted-accountdefraud-character-internet-1399858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content