Complaint Review: Six Flags Great America

• Submitted: Mon, November 02, 2015
  • Updated: Mon, November 02, 2015
  • Reported By: Rr71 — Waukegan Illinois U.S.A.
  • Six Flags Great America

Nationwide
    USA

Six Flags Great America Six Flags Six Flags Membership Unfair Cancellation Policy Gurnee il

This complaint is in regards to Six Flags Great America's membership cancellation policy.

I signed up for a one-year memebrship because I was told, during a phone call, that the memebership was the new way to finance the season passes. In previous years Six Flags offered financing with a reasonable fee.

The membership is a mandatory 1-year contract, which I knew and accepted. I was going to pay $38 every month for one year. However, when I did cancel I was informed that I would still owe them (2) months. This is inspite that my cancellation was well after the 1-year commitment.

According to their policy, it takes them 45 days to complete the cancellation process.

I have two complaints:

1.) I do not believe takes them so long to process a cancellation request. With today's computers, or smart phones for that matter, they should be able to process the request immediately. [continued below]....

..... Six Flags is deliberately delaying the processing time to collect additional monthy charges.

2.) I do not recall the cancellation policy being stated when I purchased the memebership. I contacted their customer service rep via phone. They described the memebership package in general terms. When i asked about the cancellation process, they simply told me that I would be able to cancel afte the 12-month mandatory period. It was a perferct opportunity to tell me about their absurd 45-day cancellation process. Instead they sent their cancellation policy buried in the all the paper work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2015 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/six-flags-great-america/nationwide/six-flags-great-america-six-flags-six-flags-membership-unfair-cancellation-policy-gurnee-1265101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content