Complaint Review: Skip Barber Racing School

• Skip Barber Racing School
    5290 Winder Hwy
    Braselton, Georgia
    USA

Skip Barber Racing School Skip Barber Raacing School Refund Policy Braselton Georgia

*Author of original report: Update on Refund

I booked and paid for two 3 day racing courses from Skip Barber Racing School in June 2014.

On August 13, 2014, we showed up for day 2 of the class and were informed that the steering wheels of the race cars were stolen overnight, probably by a disgruntled employee.  Over the next 4 hours we were told to wait while the instructors looked for the missing steering wheels.  Before lunch, we were offered an opportunity to re-schedule the 3 day racing school at a later date and Skip Barber would also throw in two $1,200 driving schools for my wife and me.  After we left Lime Rock I contact Skip Barber to request a formal letter explaining the situation and requesting a balance on my account, unfortunately my request for this information has never been honored and the link on the Skip Barber website to check my personnal account does not function.

In December of 2014, I booked a 3 day MX-5 racing school for February 24-26, 2015 at Road Atlanta.  While driving to Atlanta I received a call from Skip Barber informing me that the racing course was going to be cancelled due to the Road Atlanta Race track being closed due to inclement weather.

After my wife and I stopped for the night I emailed Skip Barber asking for a refund of my June 2014 payment of $8,194.  The rep emailed me back the next morning informing that Skipo Barbers policy was that they would not refund my money and offering us dates for a third course.

We have incurred substantial costs associated with travel to Connecticut and Georgia to attend courses that were cancelled through no fault of our own and I feel that Skip Barber Racing School is unfairly refusing to refund a substantial amount of money for services that they have not provided us.  They have had my money now for over 10 months and the other day the CEO offered me another $1,000 Skip Barber Credit as compensation for our travel costs.  I offered to waive all the credit that was offered to me for the cancelled courses if Skip Barber Racing would refund my original payment.  So far they have not returned emails or refunded my money.

While it is understandable that courses due have to be cancelled due to bad weather, Skip Barbers policy of no refunds is in my opinion draconian abd if you are not able to reschedule the class you will forfit your payment for both the course fee and insurance.

Please beware of their business practices and be prepared to loose your money if Skip Barber cancels a racing school that you paid for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2015 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/skip-barber-racing-school/braselton-georgia-30517/skip-barber-racing-school-skip-barber-raacing-school-refund-policy-braselton-georgia-1217033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Update on Refund

AUTHOR: - ()

After several emails back and forth between me and Skip Barber, including fromt their CEO, and getting my credit card company involved I just recieved a refund for the full amount that I paid them in June 2014.

It's unfortunate that I had problems getting a refund from the corporate office.  The one day of class that we had was very enjoyable and the instructors were top notch.

Hopefully Skip Barber Racing will revise their refund policy so that others do not have to go through as much trouble getting refunds for cancelled classes in the future.