Complaint Review: SKS Associates

• SKS Associates
    PO Box 7861
    New York, New York
    United States of America

SKS Associates Fraudulently took money from my checking account for a lease paid off in May of 2007 New York, New York

*Author of original report: Northern Leasing Sent Me a Check

*Consumer Comment: Glad your banker is on it!

I received a letter from SKS Associates on 04/04/2011 saying they had acquired all rights, title and interest in leases owned by Northern Leasing Systems Inc. and they were going to take $100 out of my bank account on 03/30/2011 for unpaid tax and filing fees.  SKS Associates did take $100 out of my account on 03/30/2011.    The lease in question was for a Signtronix business sign which was paid in full on May 26, 2007.  I went to my bank and explained the situation.  Another customer had come to my bank on 04/04/2011 with the same situation.  My bank then said they would block my account so SKS Associates and/or Northern Leasing Systems, Inc. would not be able to withdraw additional funds.  My bank also said they would attempt to get my $100 back.  My bank is going to notify security personnel at all the banks in South Dakota regarding this scam being purported by SKS Associates.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2011 01:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sks-associates/new-york-new-york-10116/sks-associates-fraudulently-took-money-from-my-checking-account-for-a-lease-paid-off-in-m-714161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Northern Leasing Sent Me a Check

AUTHOR: SDrvrs - (United States of America)

Our bank thought they could reverse the $100 taken by SKS Associates and credit our account but that has not happened after 10 days.  We did receive a refund check in the amount of $100 from Northern Leasing Systems, Inc.  today.  There was no letter or explanation.  We had contacted Signtronix who we had the initial lease with and who still finances their signs through Northern Leasing.

My attorney is interested in filing a Class Action against SKS/Northern Leasing.  I believe there should be some punitive damages awarded since just refunding the monies doesn't reimburse for the aggravation, closing of the bank account, and expenses involved in redirecting funds to a new account.

Glad your banker is on it!

AUTHOR: JennM - (USA)

It's about time somebody with a bank is getting involved.  If you check out this site, you are report #137 against this company, in the last month.

We're all getting hit the same way - for leases that were closed/paid YEARS ago.

There is now a Facebook group for victims too and we're trying to figure out how to alert the authorities but we're hitting a lot of brick walls. (Search SKS Associates on Facebook if you are so inclined).

Several of us have contacted the banks who hold the SKS bank accounts and alerted them, as well as the FTC and BBB.  We were filing complaints with the NY Attorney General too but one of the victims informed me today that they don't deal with business-to-business complaints, so not sure where to go from here with that.

I'm glad you got your money back.  Most of us here have, but I have to wonder how many haven't or haven't even realized they've been robbed yet.