Complaint Review: Sky Valley Records

• Sky Valley Records
    618 S White Horse Pike
    Somerdale, New Jersey
    USA

Sky Valley Records SkyValley420, sky valley_records, Chuck Miller, Frank Weissinger Sold me a fake Björk poster that did NOT pass PSA/DNA, returned the fake and refusing to issue refund. Have sent numerous emails and text messages with empty promises and now refusing to return calls and emails. Somerdale New Jersey

*Author of original report: Full Retraction and Apology

Somerdale, NJ 08083

(609) 412-7703

(856) 545-7471

skyvalleyrecords.com

For the following signed records, posters and CD’s:

We are scientist

Arcade fire

Black Angels poster

Girl in a coma signed 7"

Exit Clov 7" x2

A total of $435 was sent to Chuck Miller, owner of Sky Valley Records who assured me that Frank Weissinger would pack and send the items. [continued below]....

.....

Upon receipt of the signed items, I sent the most valuable item quickly to be examined for authentication to:

PSA/DNA Authentication Services

P.O BOX 6180

Newport Beach, CA 92658

Order # 40075434 Submission # 8143378

On January 03, 2017 I was notified by PSA/DNA in writing that in their opinion the Bjork poster was not authentic and did not pass the PSA/DNA authentication.

I both called and emailed Chuck Miller but heard no response.  I contacted my credit card company, Homestreet Bank who suggested that I ship all items back to Sky Valley Records for a refund.   Items shipped back using FedEx, tracking number:  778123541092

On January 16 2017 two packages were signed and accepted by:

Chuck Miller

Sky Valley Records,

618 South White Horse Pike,

Somerdale, NJ 08083

Ever since then I have tried to contact Chuck Miller for a refund of $435.00 via phone, letters, emails and text messages.  His work number is now disconnected.  I am unable to leave a voicemail on his cell as the mailbox is full.  Chuck will ignore my emails, texts and calls. His website is up and running and his store is open for business.

On 02/09/2017, fearful I was about to get ripped off, I sent an email to Chuck Miller to just send all the items back to me, included  in the email was a FedEx prepaid label.  FedEx Tracking # 790619832628.  Initially Chuck agreed to send back all the items back to me but no tracking was ever updated as sent.  I sent numerous emails with vague responses from Chuck Miller and no responses at all from Frank Weissinger.

On occasion Chuck will respond with random excuses but never follow thru.  Please review all photos, snapshots and messages included.  Chuck Miller has stated different accounts on how the autographs were obtained, first stating on 01/10/2017 via email that the poster was obtained by a guy with a honest, stand up reputation who meets tons of bands, then stating that the Bjork poster was obtained from a guy who runs autism foundation and meets tons of artists.  Then in another email on 06/10/2017 Chuck then changes his story about the origins of the fake Bjork signed poster stating:  the poster was bought directly from Bjork in NYC at her show.

I have considered all avenues including small claims, but I live in California so that would not be financially sound.  I work as a Registered Nurse and met another nurse at a conference recently from New Jersey who suggested I write the Attorney Generals Office in hopes that Chuck Miller and Frank Weissinger from Sky Valley Records would be convinced into doing the right thing and issue me a complete refund of $435 via cashiers check or refund via paypal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2017 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sky-valley-records/somerdale-new-jersey-08083/sky-valley-records-skyvalley420-sky-valleyrecords-chuck-miller-frank-weissinger-sold-1384806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Full Retraction and Apology

AUTHOR: - ()

Regarding the above report, please note this is a full retraction and apology to Sky Valley Records.

A 07/11/2017 report filed for Sky Valley Records was incorrect, misleading and wrong.  After insight and mediation with Chuck Miller, we have come to a satisfactory and mutual agreement and I consider the matter closed.  For those who have experienced working with Chuck Miller or Frank Weissinger, these two are top notch and honest individuals.  I have personally spent well over a thousand dollars and have been very pleased each and every time. Their selection and attention to packaging and shipment details was also first class.

Sky Valley Records have such a great source of rare music items and I have always been extremely happy, including my most recent transaction.  The experience mentioned above I herby retract, it was written with my emotions and didn’t see the clear mistake in not reaching out the Sky Valley Records ahead of time to allow resolution.  The company is highly recommended and I will most likely return.

Those wishing to avoid Sky Valley Records I strongly urge you to reconsider, great selection and ever evolving stock online and in store will surely leave you very satisfied. In addition, a simple check on their online feedback on both Ebay and Discogs will show that customer service is their priority.  Again, my deepest and most sincere apologies to all parties involved, I regret not contacting Sky Valley Records initially and will not happen again.

BBB Report

AUTHOR: - ()

Dear Efren This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 7/11/2017 against Sky Valley Records. Your complaint was assigned ID 12254933. Your BBB has closed this case and noted that the business did not respond to the complaint. This complaint will be reflected on the company's BBB Business Review with the following language: "BBB did not receive a response from business." If you wish to pursue your complaint, we suggest you contact: NJ Division of Consumer Affairs 124 Halsey Street Newark, NJ 07102 Consumer Hotline: 973-504-6200 Toll Free NJ only : 800-242-5846 Online Complaint Form: www.nj.gov/oag/ca/comp.htm Email: askconsumeraffairs@lps.state.nj.us Please feel free to contact us with any further questions. Regards, Georgina Pisapia Service Representative Phone: 609-588-0808 Ext: 18 geo@newjersey.bbb.org